I've been away from this forum for quite a while inasmuch as my Marantz 7701 and Outlaw 755 combo have served my purposes quite well. But recently, the 755 has been "acting up" (tripping itself off for no apparent reason) and so I've come back to check out the forum's thoughts on the 5000 (probably my replacement unit when the 755 finally kicks it). I'm amazed and saddened that the inability to nail down a new pre-pro is playing itself out...again.

I won't pretend to understand the vagaries of development and manufacturing enough to speculate as to why this might be, but I sincerely hope that Outlaw accomplishes something in this area, soon, because it appears (judging by the forum, admittedly not statistically valid) as if many loyal Outlaws are tiring of the wait and the lack of information and are moving on and finally dropkicking their 990's for other brands. I do know a little bit about marketing communications, however, and it seems that Outlaw is way past the logic of keeping mum to control expectations (a good idea)and into the stonewall phase of non-communication on the new product (an increasingly bad idea with each passing week/month/?).

Wishing Outlaw the best for 2016 and hoping they introduce something that will give me the "upgrade bug" again.
Oppo BDP-83, Sony UBP-X800
Roku Streaming Stick +
Music Hall mm5.1 table, Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge, Cambridge Audio 640P Phono Preamp, Pro-Ject Speed Box
Belkin Pure AV Power Conditioner
Audioquest Type 8 speaker cable, Monoprice speaker Cable
Mostly Monoprice interconnects