Originally Posted By: renov8r
As much as I "wanna believe" in the mostly earnest 'research' that some firms honestly seem to do I have to admit that even if I won MegaUltraSuperPowerBall I would have a real hard time parting with 100x that for interconnects hand made out of custom drawn wire woven in such a way as the fancy stuff from some firms -- http://shunyata.com/Images/Reviews/RobertHarley_012012.pdf
Ditto!! Folks over on the Polk forum are, in StevenB's words, cable happy! I mean a few are in a cult of sorts, snobbish, on that stuff.

Mind you I'm NOT down on upscale ICs and speaker cable. But some SEEM to preach anything less than car payment to connect a single channel is a wa$te or not worth the effort. C'mon, this guy just want sound! Further, never mind the internal* wire* & XO** components** cost less than a fast food lunch or the OP's AVR/power is not quite up to task for his speakers.
* though they've never tried it, some preach this upgrade is a waste of time.
** some downplay this upgrade too prefering to spend 3-5X that on ICs or cable, unfortunately, getting less than an single, inexpensive cap & a little solder would net.

Oh well... Sorry for the rant. We can dream! Everything in perspective, please...

Tony

Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside; CC outside
BJC 10 ga - LCR mids*, inside & out
8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside & out

LR: Tri-amped Polk RTi A7
Rotel RB980s -> woofers; Rotel RB981s -> mids w/phase plugs & tweeters
CC: bi-amped Polk CSi A6 -> Rotel RB981
SWs: Sunfire & 4 Audio Pros - LFE True Sig; 4 Evidence - 1 @ ea corner
Surrounds: Rotel RB981 -> Polk RTi A3
Power Conditioning & Distribution:
3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman MP-20s