After spending more time comparing the 5000 to a Red Dragon S500 amplifier I have to alter my original conclusion. The S500 is clearly a better amplifier especially in regards to low level information and sound staging. I originally was led to believe that D class amps did not require the warm up time that AB class amplifiers required. I was wrong. So while the $2000 Red Dragon S500 clearly out performs the 5000 its also 3.2 times higher in cost. I would have to say that is quite an accomplishment for a $599 amplifier. The 5000 has specific areas of performs that make it competitive with much higher ticket products. The high frequencies have excellent extension with a very natural airiness. The base performance is solid with the ability to drive difficult speakers. Regarding the mid range. Mids are very smooth and low in grain. While pricier amps can do staging and low level detail much better those amps again cost considerably more money. The 5000 is still a very solid well balanced performer. The amplifier is also very quiet and responds to changes in interconnects and speaker cables.
Please forgive my prior over enthusiasm. The 5000 is still an exceptional product. Its construction far exceeds many pricier amplifiers.

Edited by singing italian (08/27/15 05:46 PM)
Edit Reason: grammer