There are a lot of reasons to choose a specific player over another. Lexicon chose to repackage the BDP-83 in a different box and sell it for $3000 more than OPPO did. This slick marketing move was discovered rather quickly and says a lot about what the industry thinks of the OPPO products. I just sent my 5 year old BDP-83 back to OPPO for a repair of the disc loader tray because it would not open. OPPO told me of this issue on their website and when I requested an RMA it was issued 4 hours later. The player was out of service for about 3 weeks and when it returned it was repaired, cleaned and the latest firmware was installed. It arrived looking brand new in new packaging. The totsl cost to me was $40 for shipping. Not only did they repair it for free they shipped it back to me at no cost. This is the 4th firmware version I have installed in it and all were super smooth installs with no issues which actually took less than 30 minutes. I am sure the BDP-103 has had a lot of firmware changes including at least one that fundamentally changed the players performance for the better. I would like to hear about any other company or gear that has this much support more than 4 years after it warranty expired and gets the kind of reviews the OPPO gear gets. We have all heard the horror stories about other manufacturers support for their equipment once they have cashed the check and for that reason my next player will definitely be an OPPO product whether it is the BDP-103D or the next version.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner