Originally Posted By: XenonMan
I have the BDP-83 and I think it is the best player I have ever used. I have not read a single review that has not lauded the BDP-83 and any of its successors. Every review I have read about the 103 is stellar and it is likely the next player for me. I have used the analog outputs on my 83 along with the optical with great results so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about the OPPOs performance.

I forget that I have owned mine since day one so have gone through the full evolution newcomers to the BDP-103 have missed. I would have to check the receipt for the 103 for the exact date but I took delivery of mine in November 2012. They had their teething pains.

As far as the DownMix modes of the BDP-103 (and 105 in some cases) OPPO agrees with me. If you review the firmware update history for the units you will find a large number dealing specifically with audio decoding issues.

https://www.google.com/search?q=OPPO+BDP-103+downmix+issues&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Here are some quick links on the topic with several pieces directly from OPPO digital.

I think the OPPO is a great player and recommend one to any of my friends that are in the market for this type machine. All of that said it does not walk on water so in that regard we do disagree.