There is some noise coming from my desktop computer's USB port - more from the port directly on the back of the computer than through the self-powered USB hub, but still a nuisance on quiet passages.

I have confirmed that more noise is coming from the desktop computer than from the USB cable by trying a laptop. This resulted in about a 50% decrease in noise, but it was still there, which means that either most computers generate some noise, or the cable is partially to blame.

What solutions have you experienced to eliminate noise on the USB port? If I can't reasonably quiet the USB line from my computer, I will need to consider other sources to play my music files from.

Related: Has anyone wired their tablet, especially the Kindle Fire HDX into the USB in on the RR2150? I'm not sure if a usable USB digital signal comes out of the latest Kindle Fire HDX or not. What has been your experience with tablets as a source compared to a desktop computer as a source?

Edited by Clarinet (01/15/15 10:38 PM)