Originally Posted By: Dub Bub

-An issue with inconsistent volume levels between surround modes has been corrected
From a PS3/Netflix 5.1 source, output levels were very low. If available I would toggle to the stereo output in Netflix and levels returned to reasonable.

-Issues with incorrect front panel display icons have been corrected
As input streams change format, my speaker configuration display on the 975 changes, sometimes omitting the sub.

It turned out that my 975 shipped with the 5.3 firmware, so none of this has been resolved. I know my observations and this description is not exhaustive enough for thorough troubleshooting, but I never made the time to really analyze what was happening. I could get it 'good enough' for the little time I've spent watching.

Output levels in 5.1 are normally lower than stereo output. Most likely due to downmixing.

Also for the 975, a 2.1 signal will show the SW box for the sub, while a multi-channel signal with an LFE track will show the box with the LFE label in it.