I agree with you about the custom naming limitation. I'd like to be able to rename them a bit, or at least pick from a longer pre-existing list of choices. Something that allows for multiples of the same type would be great. We have two game systems, a CD player, Roku box, and a HTPC hooked up so it's a little bit of a stretch matching a couple of those items up. Not a deal breaker, but it'd be a nice little touch of convenience.

I also notice the popping sound during start up. However, even if I left it up loud, the pop is pretty low key so it isn't anything I've fretted over.

Our HTPC doesn't have any of the problems you mentioned, though. I'm assuming you were using this previously with your Yamaha and didn't have any issues so not really sure what's happening there. Or did you change the output type/connection? Could be something in the PC if that's the case.

I was able to get my levels right on with the one db increments so I guess it's pretty subjective to the listening space how big of a deal that is.

I actually like the display. It's simple and easy for me to read from my seating position. Of course, I'm only about eight feet away. It's also not a glaringly bright beacon that draws my eye from the TV. For me, they got that just right.

I feel that Outlaw got a whole lot more right than wrong on the 975. I can't complain at all about its performance, especially at this price point. There's little things (like the input limits) that I wouldn't mind improving, but it's really pretty nit-picky stuff; nice to have but not show stoppers by any stretch.

Sounds like you're happy overall so far, though?

As for the 7125, I agree wholeheartedly. I grabbed ours a few years ago and added it to my receiver in preparation for moving to separates. It's been a workhorse and doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Be sure and keep us updated if you find other things to enjoy or condemn. smile