Originally Posted By: redman6
well look's like i'm going to have to wait before i order the as I require 220-240v..

Have you contacted Outlaw yet to ask what current production units offer on power supplies? It's been nine months since the post reporting that Outlaw had samples on hand that offered 120V/240V power supplies. You might not have to wait very long now.

50-60 hertz relates to your v-sync on your power line cycles.

Frequency of power distribution did traditionally affect the refresh rate for CRT's (which I'm guessing is what you mean by "v-sync"). It would probably be more accurate to say that 50Hz and 60Hz are the frequencies at which alternating current power is distributed from generating plants.

I could never understand why the yanks have a fixation on running all electronic gear on 115-120v ac..

No particular reason. Except for decades of tradition, hundreds of millions of square feet of buildings that are wired for 120V at the point of use, countless industries that manufacture products for 120V (light bulbs, hair dryers, alarm clocks, TV's, computers, cell phone chargers, computers, toaster ovens, and probably one or two other things), and the National Electric Code. It's sort of like my fixation for breathing oxygen - my personal infrastructure is built around the idea of having O2.

Commercial structures in the US do use other voltages (lots of fluorescent lighting is actually 277V/1ph and we frequently use 480V/3ph equipment for large loads like air conditioning and big motors because it reduces wire sizes) and residences routinely use 208V for appliances like ovens, air conditioners, and clothes dryers. And of course we distribute at much higher voltages, with utility transformers providing end users with either 480V/277V or 208V/120V. At the end of the day, for basic "plug loads," 120V is a necessary fact of life.