So, I finally did it. Ordered one. Despite everything posted on here about 'no audio', and blown tweeters/drivers, distortion, and input panel death. I even read EVERY SINGLE thread on this 970 forum (plus lots of google searching) so that I'd know what I was getting into.

Let's hope everything that's bad I've read doesn't happen. I know there's some recurring names here that feel it's going to no matter what though, just being a matter of time, etc. I'm an optimist though, (possibly to a fault in this case) so I'm hoping that it all works out.

Unlike some, I'm STUPID patient. Combine that with the fact that I'm anal retentive in general, if my unit decides to exhibit problems, and I keep it past the 30 day mark, I will document EVERYTHING in this thread. (and I mean EVERYTHING)

So if it happens to me, Outlaw support will get as much detail as possible from my setup.

The 970 will be hooked to an NAD T955. (5 X 100W; I haven't felt the need to go to 7.1 yet. Maybe someone else can convince me)

A Samsung TS160 DirecTV receiver (without the sat service) will be driving HD, digital and analog content. (OTA ASTC tuner portion, and terrestial analog cable) This will be done either over Coax, or fiber. (depends if the coax will reach; if it does not, I'll use fiber)

An NAD T533 DVD player will be driving a Coax Digital feed for all surround (movie) audio, and a bypass pair of analog feeds for L/R CD Audio. (probably through the CD input on the 970. I haven't decided for sure yet though; I may put them into the 7.1 direct bypass for the DVD... time will tell)

A Ninendo Wii will be an AUX device used for analog, DPLII input.

Power will be fed via an Adcom ACE-515 line conditioner.

All audio will be driven to a pair of B&W 601's as mains, and a Polk Audio RM6200 Center with accompanying surround satellites for HT.

If the desire/mood sets in, I'll hook a sub output wire to one channel of my spare Adcom GFA-5300 and drive a Cambridge Sonudworks Ensemble Sub. I have two of these passive sub modules, and if the mood REALLY strikes, I'll split the sub signal, and feed both into the amp and stack the subs. (not sure I want that monstrosity sitting in my living room though; it does have to pass the wife pleasing test after all...)

For Video, at this point, until I feel comfy knowing I'm not going to return it, I'm staying source direct to monitor (57" HD Toshiba CRT). If the future dictates, all three sources will be fed as component into the 970 to switch, and fed from there into the monitor.

So, the only question remaining in my mind is, when will it ship, and how long until it arrives? (I placed and paid for order this morning, and I live in North East Pennsylvania)

Cheers,
E.