I have had my 970 for almost 4 months, My conclusion is all the hype and reviews fail to mention one very important element of the 970. The 970 is not capable of running for more than 2 or 3 hours error free. Its just a fact of life that if you watch tv for several hours (hd chanels broadcasting in Dolby 5.1 especially) the sound will drop or start distorting. The only way to combat this is to have the outlaw remote close and scroll through dolby modes until sound returns or stops distorting. I think someone posted before its an audiofile equivelent to jiggling the handle.

I hope reviewers and customers spend a little more time with this product and really gain the true scope of everyday performance and make the appropriate adjustments. It needs some sort of magor update in it software that helps with the buffer of sound that "jiggles" the handle for you. Updating the software helps for a little while but it does not make the problem go away. On on a completly other thread, if the update is been a known requirment for over a year, why would you ship your product without the proper software? or at least post the most up to date version of your software somewhere on your website.

Im sure Im going to get scorched by everybody in this forum, but I'm open to all suggestions, comments, and thoughts on how to help this problem. It just sucks knowing you paid 130o bucks and it simply does not work for a strech of time with out tinkering with it just to make it work.

fustrated and ready for change,
Mike
Pre: Outlaw 970
Amp: Outlaw 7075
Speakers: Axiom M22,VP150,QS4
Sources: Sony DVP-NS70h,Yamaha CDC-555,Direct TV HR10-250,XBOX,PS2
TV: Sony KDF-E50A10