Quote:
Originally posted by tru blu:
Great news, indeed, Red. And time to upgrade your Saloon signature...btw, where'd you find out about the Earthquakes? Just curious...
Originally I heard about Earthquake via my father in law. He was looking into a new sub for his ever changing HT and ran across some reviews of their SuperNova series. He and my wife eventually conspired to get me one of their MKIV 12's which has a passive and active woofer built into one enclosure. I thought the world of that sub from the day I hooked it up. (I still own it and use it in my gaming 'rig'.)

I had quite some time to sample the Orbital setup as it was in my FIL's house for a couple months. He had it in his back "den" area which was a separate HT room with XB360, a 55" SXRD, and a HK receiver. I knew the Outlaw would do them right, so we basically worked out a trade after I had some time with the speakers. They are beautifully constructed for their price range. I've already put in a couple demo movies and I have to say I'm thrilled it's worked out this way. I'll miss my AT's but they were simply tooooo small for this room. They were drowning in this space.

PS - anyone who's read my posts for the last few months knows I've been hinting at getting legitimate towers for my music listening, and at last, I've got them. they don't make a smiley icon that best represents how I'm feeling right now.
Elite 50" / Aquos 32"
Squeezebox Radio

Stereo Setup:
NAD C326BEE (50Wx2)
Elite DV-47Ai Universal SACD/DVD-A
Citypulse DA7.2x II + TXCO DAC
B&W 685s
JL Fathom F112
Denon AH-D2000 Headphones