My conviction is that anyone who still believes that the no-audio bug will be solved needs to wake up. It's never going to be solved, especially since 1070 is no longer produced.

When I read Scott's announcement with respect to Model 1070 being phased out, my hope to ever have the issue fixed just disappeared. I nourished that hope, even thought that maybe a recall is imminent given Outlaw customer support reputation. Boy, was I wrong.

The unit does all kind of weird things, albeit sporadically, truth to be said, including some beyond the "just inconvenience" threshold. I was watching a DVD and when the intro section of the DVD, usually in two channels, ended and the audio switched to true 3/2.1, a piercing, very loud sound, started to be emitted from all speakers. I reached for the remote in a state of true panic and depressed the power button. Then I depressed "DVD" and the sweet Outlaw sound resumed. I had to calm down my family and explain that it was not a smoke detector or fire alarm going off, but simply daddy's AV receiver...

Other times the unit simply loses a channel, when switching sources. A source bounce usually fixes it. This is especially annoying, for it's not immediately obvious, like the true "no audio".

Ultimately, the pleasure of that sweet Outlaw sound is now replaced by tension. Would that aggressive sound start again? Are all channels on? It may seem ridiculous, but when a DVD movie really starts I "take a tour" and listen to all speakers to make sure the DSP got them all and nothing is dropped. High tech, isn't it?
This is it. I'm stuck with a unit I haven't returned in the first 30 days because I truly loved and still love its sound and I hoped that the problems will be fixed by upgrades.