Podboy,

Im not referring to Bluray or HDDVD as standards. I am referring to the HDMI committee and their additions to the standard, and manufacturers that are shipping incomplete gear(not enough processing power to decode DTS-MA, and no BD-Java on Bluray). Some were obviously significant enough that it makes you wonder why they didn't take the time to make sure the specification was feature complete. I am not a luddite analog guy. Im all for convergence and media centers as long as I can get high quality sources (not iTunes!).

The deceptive advertising whether inadvertent or not is what got me mad. After taking a step back I came to the conclusion that I'm better off without it, especially when used for audio with next gen HD video sources. I use HDMI for my cable reciever and TV, and it looks great.

Do you really think the kids at Magnolia have a clue as to what receiver and what HD player supports what features and which don't? Don't you think that most people are going to make rather significant mistakes like new Onkyo HDMI receiver owners that cant get DTS-MA tracks of their disks?

The easy solution is to skip HDMI for audio from your HD Video sources. People are so used to digital everything that they don't even consider analog, which is the other 50% of the problem.