Hello everyone,

Unfortunately I have come out of lurk mode for help with a problem. I have the 990/7700 system. Recently I have been having audio dropouts on the center channel. A pop comes from the center speaker, and the audio resumes. However, now I have lost all audio from the center channel, and I only get popping every 15 seconds or so.

I already sent the 990 to Outlaw for this exact issue over the summer and they could find nothing wrong. So now I'm looking for help from the forum to help resolve the problem. Here's a laundry list of things I have tried on my own or from suggestions from Outlaw tech support:

-Turned off/disconnected dvd player.
-Connected a different center speaker.
-Ran another speaker wire to the center speaker.
-Plugged the equipment into a different outlet.
-Unplugged the center channel input from the 7700 (this caused the popping to get louder).
-Unplugged the center channel output from the 990 (this caused the popping to get louder).
-Swapped the center/left inputs and center/left speaker wires on the 7700. Popping migrated to the left speaker. Also tried with a different interconnect with no change.
-Hard reset has been done.
-Software has been updated. Outlaw actually did this when I sent the 990 in over the summer.

I don't think overheating is an issue since my theater is in a cool basement environment with adequate ventilation on all sides of the equipment.

This post is already long, and I haven't even gone into how discouraged I am with my Outlaw equipment. Had this issue cropped up in the first 30 days, I would have sent the 990/7700 back.

I will be contacting Outlaw again. I just wanted to see if anyone here had any other tricks to try.

Thanks for your time.