Anybody want to offer some user feedback for the folks in line? The nimber of units that have found their ways to equipment racks is starting to climb, after all.

I'll even start this up - I spent way too much time putting together a user review this week in between work and feeding the baby (who is currently napping on my shoulder, which for some reason is slowing down my typing smile ). The review is also linked from my sig now. I think it is a pretty accurate representation of my experiences so far with the 990, and those experiences have been quite positive. I'll be around some today, in between working this morning and some afternoon family obligations.

I've said this before, but in light of the recent comments of a couple people I will say it again - no one product is right for everyone. Even with the 990 available and offering what I think is a very impressive combination of sound quality, clean video switching, and robust features, there are still cases where a more expensive pre/pro (such as a Lexicon or Anthem's AVM30 or Statement D1) will be more fitting for someone. There will also be cases where budget will drive someone to options such as a used 950 or a receiver as pre/pro. None of those choices are wrong, which I think is important to remember. However, if you are looking for a surround processor and the 990 fits within your budget, I would suggest that you at least take some time to seriously consider it - maybe even take advantage of the 30-day return to give one a test drive.