Hello all ! Had to use a proxy in order to log in to these forums, so I can't say I feel welcome anymore wink

The wife and I have managed to settle down a bit, here in Hungary. She's working in a nice five star hotel (her field) and I'll be teaching English until I find something more along the lines of my work.

When last we spoke, I was tempted to try out a European production model which Outlaw had offered to try and get to me. I changed my mind though, because it just didn't seem cost effective in that we don't know how long we will be here for.

I've been looking at some audio gear here, especially some Rotel stuff on the lower end of the spectrum. However, while I was browsing another site of a totally different nature, (lighting equipment for flash photography) they linked to three websites which they recommend for the purchase of step down power transformers, for their gear.

This made me wonder about whether or not I'd be able to get away with using an 800-1000 watt true magnetic power transformer for my RR2150 rather than needlessly spend more and more $ on gear which may or may not be kept.

I realize that this was sort of covered already in this thread, but I just want to make sure nothing was missed. The biggest concern and question was that of 60 vs. 50 Hz coming into play. Gonk already stated that both were single phase units, and the converter handles going from 240 to 110, so all which seems to be left is the 50Hz issue.

I suppose this question goes out more to Scott and Co. at Outlaw, but also to anyone whom might have had experience with their audio gear and transcontinental usage.

Alright kids, be well !

Doug