I can pass on my recent experience with the RR2150. I just added a sub to my system and I feel the bass management really has paid dividends to the result of my system. I added a M&K MX-150 THX (dual 12 ") sub to my Floorstanding Phase Technology PC9.1 speakers.

The most optimum configuration for sound quality was derived from puttting the bass-management switch at the 120Hz cross-over setting. Phase Tech low-freq spec is 32Hz but pales in comparison to the M&K sub. This removed of course some of the additional low-frequency from the Phase Tech. The bass-reproduction from the sub-woofer was superior carrying this signal and it also benefitted the sound from the Phase Tech. This I tested by maintaining the setting and just dropping out the sub. With the lower signal in the floorstanders the sound sounded muddy. Not any more with the setting at 120Hz.

I had always wondered if the sub would help the main speakers by off-loading that source signal. It certainly did largely in part the RR2150/Phase Tech could focus all their power in the higher-freq range. I suspect the lows frequencies shift also has quite an impact on the internal acoustic waves that were reduced from dropping the lower-freq from the floorstanders.

I as well wish the volume control was better but the rest of the strong features outweigh it.

I appreciate the retro solid look, the sound quality and the aforementioned bass-management.