You and me both Jim. I bought the Onkyo oh so very long ago. I'd say close to about 13 years ago, or more ? Looking it up on Google, yields really good reviews from everything I've seen, and there was even one fella HERE who said
Quote:
Good luck with which ever you decide on. I had an Onkyo TX-SV515 and just loved it. When it came time to replace it was a hard choice between a new Onkyo and the Outlaw. I tried the Outlaw because of the service and support I read about and was not disappointed.
That was back in January 2002 in a Outlaw 1050 thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if I actually liked the Onkyo considering how much hell I put it through with crappy speakers over the years, while actually sounding halfway decent enough for me to not chuck it out a window ! The difference between what I was using it with compared to the Energy C3's is drastic, to say the least !

I just hope my wife doesn't have a heart attack when she realizes that it actually sounds pretty damned good ! smile The one thing that the Onkyo is FAR better at over the 2150 straight off the bat though.. is the remote volume control. Lately, the sensitivity has been bugging me on it.

I actually lost (well, my ex gf threw it out) the Onkyo remote control, but I was able to program my Time Warner digital cable box remote to turn it on and off, as well as control the volume, and it works a charm. I also have to say that the Onkyo is built like a brick S_house ! I've really put it through the courses over the years, having banged it about and with moving so many times.. And the only thing that's wrong with it is a broken treble pot. I'd love to get it fixed.

Anyway, yeah... The phono stage. We'll have to see about that one. And also, it doesn't have a sub out, so a powered sub is out of the question if I ever wanted one. I think the real comparison here, is best served using both of them with very efficient speakers in a true stereo budget setup. Because I doubt that the Onkyo would survive in a match with the 2150 and some thirsty speakers.

The Onkyo has plenty of inputs and outs as well, so I always hooked up my iPod or other DAP's to it:

[img]http://lh3.google.com/bob.s.rc/R4FKd-BO0....jpg?imgmax=720[/img]

We shall see...

Doug

EDIT: That pic is of a pro II series, not mine. Identical except for the sub out I guess, and probably the addition of more surround features I'm guessing.