A fellow (whom is a sound/recording engineer) over at the Steve Hoffman forums assured me that even with the 2150's amp, I'd be pretty good to go with the Magneplanar MG12's, so that's very encouraging. His other opinion was also that the more power the better though, as with all Mag's. So, my next thought was this:

Hook up some M2200's to the 2150 smile Question now:

I was made and offer (waiting for price) by someone on that forum to buy a pair of his M200's which were supposedly sitting in his closet, because of a change in direction (I guess in what he was using) and he forgot about them ? His wife wants them out of there so... lol Though I'm not sure of how you can forget that you have a pair of mono blocks sitting round doing nothing ?

Questions are:

1. Is it worth it to just get the 2200's over a pair of M200's, or are they exactly the same in terms of power ratings/consumption ?

2. If I hook either the M200 or 2200 up to the 2150, will I be totally bypassing the 2150's amp, or will I be able to route it so that I have combined power from both sources ? I'm guessing it's the former scenario, since there'd be too great a variation in voltage and the sound signature would also run amok.

3. Does the balanced input on the 2200 make a huge difference for stereo applications ?

Edit: What do you guys think is a fair asking price for used M200 ? The guys says that there are only about 10 hours on them, though who knows if that's really the truth ? B Stock 2200's are $275 and so I can't see paying more than $200 ? What do you think ?