Is it just me, or do other people here find the overall sound signature of the RR2150 pretty "warm" ? I'm usually always turning the treble control up to about 1 o'clock for most music, which is fine.. but I'm also trying to figure out if the source of this warmth isn't also because of the synergy of my components.

I have Energy C3 speakers, and they're not bad for what I paid... but I can't help but think that when I auditioned them a couple of years ago, that I was hearing more mid range. Of course it could have been the difference in room acoustics, and certainly the amp they were using, but as it stands now...when I go into an audio store and check some stuff out, I feel that I'm missing out on some "breathy-ness" and midrange, and I'm craving it.

I listened to two pair of speakers yesterday, which made a very good impression on me. One was a pair of Sonus Faber's, which are bookshelves (can't remember the model) and were discounted because they're being discontinued (now $3500) and the other was a pair of Monitor Audio RS6's.

The RS6's had a more full sound, which is logical because of the 3 way design, but the Sonus Faber's were so much more detailed ! However, I might also characterize them as being pretty colored, especially in the mid range area. But damn, those mids were pretty damned lush. Big price difference too... The RS6's are only $1000 msrp vs $3600

What I'd like to know is if anybody here has any experience with speakers that really compliment the warmth that I'm getting with my current setup ? Speakers that are neutral, but have some really nice midrange and decent bottom range.

The RS6's are floor standing speakers, and I think they do a pretty good job with soundstage and separation, but they're not the most detailed speakers I've heard. Then again, they're bi-wireable, but weren't set up as such.

I'm not opposed to getting a sub woofer, but I don't want to spend too much money. Another thing to note, is that we recently put down some carpet (shag type area rugs, semi plush) and I think that the carpet is perhaps dampening too much of the upper frequencies. At least, that's what I feel like. I keep the speakers about 2 feet from the wall, and 6 feet apart, aimed straight, not towed in.

I asked the guy at Harvey Audio if I could bring the 2150 in, and hook it up to the RS6's, to which he said would be cool. But it still won't be the same considering the room size and all. I guess i just want to know what all of your experiences have been with different speakers and their synergy with the 2150.

For now, I want to keep it under $1500 Whether it's with a sub or not.

Doug