Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#95623 - 01/19/16 09:52 AM Re: A year or so later... [Re: XenonMan]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: XenonMan
We have been through this a few times over the last 3-4 years and when the item goes 6 month past its initial ETA it seems that Outlaw doesn't want to give any news. What happens here is that the loyalists tend to tune the forum out and move on to other equipment of which there is an incredible selection. I love Outlaws customer service and my equipment has been very reliable over the years so that is why I stick. I am unlikely to upgrade my current system until catastrophe strikes so the new processor delay is not an issue for me. I am (like many) very curious to see what Outlaw pulls out of their hat. My concern is that when the other processors went down the tubes there was a lot of silence before the cancellation notice and a lot of re-marketing of Onkyo and Marantz processors.

I don't know where Peter finds the energy. When I'm in my 70's, I intend to be spending my days sailing in the tropics or playing golf with the grand kids. smile The prospect of spending that time in the commercial shark tank we know as China seems rather unappealing.

I think the odds of Outlaw getting their own one-off design to market are slim. Far more likely is another attempt at partnering with a 3rd party to sell an Outlaw branded product...and that means they're at the mercy of that partner's priorities. We know how that worked out last time.

There's plenty of product from a number of large manufacturers (some are even resold here) that are refreshed annually and fall within the price points we've come to expect from Outlaw over the years. I have to wonder how many units Outlaw would have to sell just to break even in such an endeavor....though at this point, perhaps it has become personal. One thing is for sure...there are a number of us "old timers" who are curious to see how it all plays out.

“For small erections may be finished by their first architects; grand ones, true ones, ever leave the copestone to posterity. God keep me from ever completing anything. This whole book is but a draught—nay, but the draught of a draught. Oh, Time, Strength, Cash, and Patience!”

Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

Edited by Ritz2 (01/19/16 09:55 AM)

#95626 - 01/21/16 08:28 AM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! And still no word on the pre/pro supposedly in development. I'm rapidly losing hope that there will be an Outlaw product. Tell us what's going on, Outlaws. We're trying to keep the faith here.

#95628 - 01/21/16 04:56 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois

We've all driven past a "construction site" that clearly has encountered some kind of problem.

The town next to me has a Lincoln dealer that generally does a good business, but their showroom is ancient and they've had a sign in the window promising "New Showroom Coming Spring of 2014" Coming Soon ??? . For while they revised it to "2015". Now they've scrubbed off the year altogether, the assumption must be that is smarter than updating the sign to say 2016 (or 17 or 18)... { btw there is also this former Arby's that was 99% converted to Hardees that never opened right up the street -- The Hardees that never was apparently the site has some 'water main issues' If that sounds bleak, rest assured that the Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus and BMW stores right up the street are all fine ...}

My point is "stuff happens". In the case of the car dealer I suspect that it is like many such businesses -- there are ebbs and flows in how much profit they make from used cars and whatever vehicle Matthew McConaughey is driving aimlessly around in ... And more than a little of that ebb flow must make any conservative owners very leary of "betting the farm" on new showroom that may not help the bottom the line...

Outlaw still has LOTS of nice amps, a decent little HDMI prepro, a killer two channel receiver and will LIKELY eventually figure out how to bring a flagship to market...

Edited by renov8r (01/21/16 04:59 PM)

#95629 - 01/21/16 06:20 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: renov8r]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Yea, stuff definitely happens and those of us around for the meltdown some had in the community when the last one didn't pan out understand why Outlaw keeps their cards close to the vest now. Some people just can't temper expectations or react with maturity when things don't go their way. As such, we can't have nice things now. It's the same principle I apply when my daughters fight over something. Rather than deal with all the headache of who's right, I just take it away and neither of them get it. We couldn't play nice as a group so they took away the prize. It's disheartening and I wish it were otherwise but I can't fault them for this approach.

Edited by Owl's_Warder (01/21/16 07:09 PM)

#95630 - 01/22/16 10:16 AM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
But now WE are "playing nice". Us long-time Outlaw customers are much nicer and respectful than the folks ranting on Outlaw during the 978 cycle. Yes, Outlaw made the right decision going forward to not promise a delivery date and to not post regular updates, which would generally have been explanations for pushing out the schedule and would have drawn continual criticism. HOWEVER, I believe one year without an update is an unreasonable length of time. This ain't my first rodeo - I've been in sourcing management of electronics manufacturing for 36 years.

ronov8r: I like your funny reference to Matthew McConaughey :-)

#95631 - 01/22/16 11:11 AM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
At first glance I thought it was Mr. Mayhem.

I'm still using my 975 for now. Still waiting. Hope this year will be the one. I'm ready whenever they are.

#95632 - 01/22/16 12:36 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
The whole point is that Outlaw announced this thing a year ago and we are still calling it by generic names such as "the thing" because even though they said it would be available around the end on the second quarter 2015 they have yet to give it a name or any update since the waaayy overdue date.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#95633 - 01/22/16 06:13 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
I've been on this merry-go-round long enough to know that you guys need to take it all with a huge grain of salt. If/when their plans come to fruition, then we can eyeball whatever is presented and decide if it's up to snuff. Until then.....life's too short to spend cycles thinking about what they might do after a couple of pretty high profile airballs in this space. I'm sure if they're able to deliver, we'll all hear about it when it's ready. We're talking about a company with a couple of employees and low single digit millions in sales so it could take a while.

Best,

#95634 - 01/23/16 10:58 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
JDB001 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Seneca, SC
Count me as a waiter also. While my 975 cranks along in glorious 7.1 and feeds my 4K projector with worthy 2K info - I just feel like "I want more" [Rocko KL 1949 - I think]. Hearing the dedicated Outlaws (experts) opining with no hint of "a beta underway" makes me wonder where the Outlaws are going. After a year + a couple years without a high-end product this has all makings of " a milking before the bailing." Tell me it ain't so.

#95635 - 01/24/16 09:07 AM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Well JDBoo1, "It ain't so"

We have been dark about progress because much of the technical info from the technology companies and chip vendors has changed. In the next day or two we will provide an update on where things stand. By the way, you might have noticed some of our colleagues and competitors are delayed also. There is a good reason for that. Stay tuned.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts