Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#95487 - 11/17/15 03:30 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Stephen B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Texas
Is it possible to do audio output leveling? When I am channel surfing the dish reciever volume output is all over the place channel to channel.

Is there a way to do "on the fly" monitoring of the analog out and use that info? If this is doable then it should also be possible to have a commercials setting that would lower those levels.

#95488 - 11/17/15 03:52 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
Audyssey has a setting for dynamic volume control which senses large changes in volume and levels them out somewhat. You can adjust it three different levels or turn it off, unfortunately the 975 does not contain Audyssey. Unknown if the new pre-pro will. I would call Dish and ask them for some help. I have a similar issue when I switch sources but not when I am using the same source.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#95489 - 11/18/15 12:13 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Stephen B Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: East Texas
You experience no change in volume when cycling through channels with your Direct TV? Maybe it has something to do with ones location within the satellite footprint as the neighbor has the same experience with Direct as mine with Dish. Switching from HD to SD channels will normally have greater differences leading me to think it has to do with the audio format changing and how it is handled by both the Dish/Direct receiver as well as the Outlaw.

Everyone feels differently of course but for me if Audussey is the only solution I would rather live with the problem. I might just be one of the lucky ones who can get by without it but Audussey brings little if any benefit in my room. Room treatments take care of everything save the lowest frequencies where Audyssey is no help. Everyones experiences and rooms are different of course so what works for me may or may not work for others.

#95490 - 11/18/15 01:26 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Other than the normal volume changes associated with different program material I have not noticed a significant change from channel to channel. Recognize that since many programs are recorded at different levels it is not uncommon to experience a volume change when going from one to the other. Audyssey does level this out somewhat but as you point out to the expense of SQ.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE

#95491 - 11/18/15 01:48 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: Stephen B]
TL5 Offline
Gunslinger

Originally Posted By: Stephen B
You experience no change in volume when cycling through channels with your Direct TV? Maybe it has something to do with ones location within the satellite footprint as the neighbor has the same experience with Direct as mine with Dish. Switching from HD to SD channels will normally have greater differences leading me to think it has to do with the audio format changing and how it is handled by both the Dish/Direct receiver as well as the Outlaw.

Everyone feels differently of course but for me if Audussey is the only solution I would rather live with the problem. I might just be one of the lucky ones who can get by without it but Audussey brings little if any benefit in my room. Room treatments take care of everything save the lowest frequencies where Audyssey is no help. Everyones experiences and rooms are different of course so what works for me may or may not work for others.

Audyssey xt 32 corrects down to 10hz....

#95511 - 11/26/15 10:41 AM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Cain Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: South Carolina
My posts got deleted about the Marantz 7702, I'll take another shot. :-)

Somebody mentioned that they could not afford the Marantz AV8802A, so in absence of an Outlaw Pre/Pro with all the current features and specs (Audyssey, etc), I suggested the Marantz AV7702, that is when my posts got deleted.

I only suggested that pre/pro (again, in absence of a comparable Outlaw pre/pro) because it is sold here on this web page...

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/av7702.html

I'm sure when Outlaw ships its upcoming pre/pro they will stop selling the Marantz, as they should.

Until then .............

#95512 - 11/26/15 12:40 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

I found a post from you back on page 7 of this thread about the 7702

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#95516 - 11/30/15 12:06 AM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: AvFan]
AvFan Offline
Desperado

Loc: El Cajon, California
Originally Posted By: AvFan
Originally Posted By: XenonMan
New processor is in the works right now and is currently slated to be out around the start of summer.

Just checking in at the Saloon to see if there is anything to report on Outlaw's new pre/pro. My 990 is hanging in there so no need purchase anything now but it is getting really "long in the tooth". I don't want to purchase a 975 as a stop gap when the new pre/pro is just around the corner. So, Outlaw, when might we hear about the new pre/pro?

So last night my 990 dropped all audio from all sources. Checked the amp and it was fine so I unplugged the 990 for the night but still no audio in the morning. The only thing left was a hard reset which I was really hesitant to do. Followed the directions in the manual and the audio came back! WHEW! I was afraid my 990 had finally crapped out and I was facing a large expense just ahead of the holidays. If it had finally stopped working I would likely have left the Outlaw family versus trying to fix it or buying the 975. Come on Outlaw, throw us a bone with some info about your new pre/pro!

#95517 - 11/30/15 11:31 AM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

In this case I believe No News is Bad News. There are so many high quality processors and receivers available that Outlaw is losing possible customers as they go forward with their SOTA processor. By the time it comes out it may very well be overpriced for what most of us wanted to start with.

TV System

Home Theater System
Harmony ONE

#95518 - 11/30/15 01:07 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: XenonMan]
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
Originally Posted By: XenonMan
In this case I believe No News is Bad News. There are so many high quality processors and receivers available that Outlaw is losing possible customers as they go forward with their SOTA processor. By the time it comes out it may very well be overpriced for what most of us wanted to start with.

I don't generally consider myself a particularly "optimistic" sort of consumer but I do believe that Mr. Tribeman has enough experience with product development and marketing to not have made the announcement about the forthcoming high-end processor if he had not overcome all the hurdles that have resulted in the abort of similar efforts over the past few years.

That leaves open the door that a "previously unmet hurdle" has arisen. My best guess is that just as Outlaw was scheduling production ramp-up their "partner" was unable to deliver on earlier promises, perhaps due to changes in lending policies that have hurt many Chinese firms -- http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/26/china-economy-woes-extend-stock-market It would be no surprise that problems with the overall economy have put new pressure on contract manufacturers.

The result of this very well could be an effort for the Outlaws to find additional funding, which is never quick / easy, and/or pursue an effort to essentially sub-contract out more of the sub-assemblies and then do final assembly with another "partner". That partner might even be the kind of firm that has the ability to provide 'value' that other firms cannot -- witness the decision of another noted North American based audio electronics firm shifting their production to Vietnam...

For all we know Mr. Tribeman is now learning Portuguese -- http://techinbrazil.com/largest-electronics-manufacturing-plants-in-brazil

As I've said before, given the emphasis that Outlaw placed on adopting next generation technologies like Atmos, I don't see them giving up this without a major fight.

Edited by renov8r (11/30/15 05:16 PM)

Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts