Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >
Topic Options
#94758 - 01/26/15 06:35 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
I truly don't know why they would not do it from a technical perspective. The cost of high speed memory and DSPs has fallen significantly. There are open source software solutions that could be burned into the firmware that might not carry the "name recognition" of Trinnov / Audyssey / Dirac / TACT or similar but neither would they carry any licensing fees or threaten to raise the ire of "North American manufacturers" that might than force the contract assemblers to "knife the baby"...

http://records.sigmm.ndlab.net/2014/03/essentia-an-open-source-library-for-audio-analysis/
http://www.ludd.luth.se/~torger/brutefir.html#hardware
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/stk/

It would be more than a little silly for Outlaw or anybody not in the "this costs more than your house" part of the AV market to build an "outboard" room correction DSP when the on-board chips almost certainly are more than capable of handling this and frankly unless you have stock in a cable firm the thought of buying more interconnects (and the potential to make the noise floor dirtier) is pretty unappealing. You have not seen Behringer or any other "pro audio" firm offer up DSP EQ box with enough XLRs to cost effectively handle all the channels of home theater because it is more than a little nuts to re-process the sound between the pre-amp and amp(s) and/or sub(s). If you tried to include some kind of "digital multi-channel output" you probably break the HDCP content chain unless you specifically built the thing as "pure HDCP 2.2 switcher" and that assumes that someone actually makes a "full color space solution"... http://www.techradar.com/us/news/televis...dcp-2-2-1256763

Frankly the move of Onkyo/Integra off Audyssey and onto to their own "private label" solution half makes me think that some "genius with brass balls" that works in Audyssey's licensing area tried to extract an unjustifiably large fee for continued of the software and triggered the migration off their platform but that is "business reason" not any technical dissatisfaction with the firm/ solution...

#94760 - 01/26/15 08:59 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: XenonMan]
beyond 1000 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted By: XenonMan
New processor is in the works right now and is currently slated to be out around the start of summer.

Hope the new processor includes a standard 15amp AC inlet like Marantz and not a quirky figure 8. Please think about that one Outlaw.

#94979 - 03/27/15 07:37 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
TL5 Offline
Gunslinger

I was very interested in the Outlaw 978. After I learned it was cancelled, I bought a Marantz AV8801 and have been very happy with it. Now, with Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, I again am looking at pre/pros with the new Outlaw at the top of my list. I'd like it to have terrific audio and video (of course!), be smooth in operation and NOT HAVE the streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, internet radio, Wi-Fi, blutooth, or other tech that is redundant with other components I have in my system that I feel do the streaming thing much better - like my Sonos connect and Roku. I do want room correction as I feel the Audyssey XT32 in the Marantz has worked wonders for my room. Asynchronous USB would be nice. If it does have internet connectivity, I'd like an app for control from my phone. Good luck with this new pre/pro Outlaw, I'm rooting for you!

#95019 - 04/06/15 03:40 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Baramon! Offline
Gunslinger

Ready to buy as 975 but if this thing is under $1200 I might consider it.
Room corretion is a must. I agree, no streaming and no need for bluetooth. I have all that. I would think most would by now.

I'll need some monoblocks for some front Atmos. My M&K rears already fire up at the ceiling. Its gonna get crowded up their.

Does Atmos provide an option for just two front up firing speakers?

OK,

Atmos
Room correction

#95025 - 04/06/15 08:39 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
From everything I have read the Atmos speakers are intended to be in addition to any other speakers in a 5 or 7 channel system as they get their own specific signal. It sounds from your post that you are considering using the rears in some sort of dual function. I believe Atmos may provide the capability to use just two speakers but they suggest using 4.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#95026 - 04/06/15 09:56 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: Baramon!]
sdurani Offline
Desperado

Loc: Monterey Park, CA
Originally Posted By: Baramon!
Does Atmos provide an option for just two front up firing speakers?
Yes, you can have just two height speakers. They can be ceiling mounted heights or virtual heights (upfiring speakers). And that pair of virtual heights can be in one of three locations: up front, mid room, or behind you. Lots of flexibility.

#95028 - 04/09/15 07:24 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
TL5 Offline
Gunslinger

I thought the new pre/pro was to include DTS-X? Outlaw wasn't mentioned as one of the companies that will have DTS-X product in 2015 on the DTS website at the unveiling today....what gives?

#95029 - 04/10/15 11:54 AM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
Helson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Under Outlaw's announcements, the one from 1/21/15, they describe their new piece as having DTS-X.

And they were also listed here...http://www.twice.com/news/components/dts-lines-audio-suppliers-support-dtsx-surround/55429

#95030 - 04/11/15 10:41 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
PeterT Offline
Gunslinger

Due to an inadvertent error by DTS, Outlaw Audio was not mentioned in the earlier version of their press release on April 9th announcing their new DTS:X technology. Since some press reports used the original, rather than the corrected version for their stories and reports, we wanted to address any possible confusion about the Outlaw's commitment to object-based audio in general and DTS:X in particular for our next generation high-end surround processor.

This link http://bit.ly/1O2wDmQ will take you to the official, corrected release. Note that Outlaw Audio is on DTS’s official list of all publicly confirmed DTS:X licensees as of April 9th. In light of this, many reports and web sites including Twice, as noted here, http://bit.ly/1aBYqO1. have updated and corrected their stories.

As we reported in January, http://bit.ly/1I34jil our new high-end processor will include both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. However, please remember that the development of any new product today is very dependent on outside software. For that reason, it is simply too early to say anything beyond what we have already announced other than that the project is proceeding nicely and we already have alpha hardware in hand.

We hope that this addresses any concerns about our new processor with regard to DTS:X (and Dolby Atmos) and look forward to bringing you more news in the months ahead.

Peter

Edited by PeterT (04/12/15 10:40 AM)

#95034 - 04/17/15 10:23 PM Re: Posts on what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro? [Re: plw]
legivens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Euless, Texas, USA
Hmmmmm

Edited by legivens (04/18/15 12:16 AM)
Outlaw Model 7900
Outlaw Model 5000 (for the ceiling speakers)
Marantz AV7702 MK2
Oppo BDP-105D
Axiom M80's, GoldenEar Super XXL, GoldenEar Aon 3's (sides and rears), GoldenEar HTR 7000's (in-ceiling for Atmos/DTS:X)
Outlaw LFM1-Plus and EX
Directv HD DVR
2 HD Monster Power centers
PS3
Harmony One

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM