Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#94527 - 11/11/14 07:21 AM Stuttering
tps Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I got my BTR-100 as part of a package deal, and it has been sitting on a shelf for a while since I didn't really have a use for it. I just started trying to use it with an older Android device in the car, and while it is ok most of the time, every couple of minutes I'll get a nasty stuttering for a couple seconds, and then it will return to normal. This is a non-aptX device, reportedly supporting "Stereo Bluetooth, Version 2.1 + EDR (support profiles A2DP, AVRCP, GAP, GAVDP, GOEP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP, SPP)". I have tried three different players with similar results. The music is all FLAC encoded CD audio, though I did also try one WAV file with the native Android app.

This is my first venture into Bluetooth audio, so I'm still trying to figure out whether it will work for me or not. I also expect to replace the Android device in the near future, so any suggestions would be appreciated. (E.g., it looks like the high-end phone I've been looking at may not support aptX. How much should I care?)

Thanks.

#94528 - 11/11/14 04:54 PM Re: Stuttering [Re: tps]
Outlaw Ben Offline

Gunslinger

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. Please feel free to contact me, M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm EST, at (866) OUTLAWS.

#94529 - 11/11/14 10:01 PM Re: Stuttering [Re: tps]
tps Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Of course, right after posting I figured it out: the WiFi was interfering. Disabling WiFi on the phone made the stuttering go away entirely. Fortunately, I already had an app (LLAMA) which can automatically disable WiFi in car mode, which is exactly what I need. I do hear some interesting artifacts when listening to classical music, but I chalk that up to not having aptX on the phone. I just need to make sure my next phone has it.

Thanks for the offer of support. Good to know the Outlaws are there to help when we need them.

Who's Online
1 registered (govguru), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM