Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#94468 - 09/30/14 10:04 PM Re: Dolby Atmos? [Re: S. Sharkey]
Ritz2 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Virginia
Originally Posted By: S. Sharkey
Hopefully with the new Atmos equipment Outlaw is working on, they don't get duped as they did with the 978, when it got cancelled before release.

Duped? The Outlaw team has been around the block a few times. This is one of the risks of doing business in China. You have pretty much zero recourse if a business partner tells you to hit the bricks.

I feel bad for them, but it was less of a "duping" issue and more of a "bad decision" and poor choice of partners issue. And I do think that if there was gross malfeasance, we would have seen something (albeit of dubious value to recovering their loss) in the courts. Instead we saw some vague griping and allegations without any actual company names along with the product cancellation.

The whole thing left me scratching my head and wasn't particularly confidence inspiring for my already strained view of the competence of the Outlaw management team. Sounds kinda harsh, I know, but there it is. Sigh...

Best,

Edited by Ritz2 (09/30/14 10:09 PM)

#94496 - 10/30/14 11:55 AM Re: Dolby Atmos? [Re: Owl's_Warder]
scoooter Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: MA
Hello,

Not sure if this would be a new topic ? Dolby Atmos & Pro logic IIz.

So the Atmos function can add two to four ceiling and/or upward firing speakers but will the Outlaw processor also include Height and Wide function as well

Front L,R
Center
Height L,R
FT Wide L,R
Surround L,R
Ceiling L,R

#94500 - 10/31/14 12:54 PM Re: Dolby Atmos? [Re: Owl's_Warder]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
sdurani, In the article you posted the link to, I noticed this comment: "Other manufacturers used conventional ceiling speakers, which to me sounded better because they don't need the extra processing."

S.Sharkey, Outlaw were not duped.
Ritz2, Outlaw management was neither naïve nor stupid.
There is no way to predict that a CEM (Contract Electronics Manufacturer) will be told, without warning, by a large customer that the CEM must tell a smaller customer (Outlaw) to pack up and leave. VERY unethical on the part of the large customer, of course. It's a risk, but in my years of manufacturing in China, I've never seen it happen, or even heard of it until this Outlaw misfortune.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM