Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#92905 - 03/11/13 01:12 PM Axpona Chicago -- Two Channel seemed well attended
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
I spend Saturday at the show and there were lots of not-too-freaky types of folks that seemed to enjoy vinyl AND digital sources. Lots of folks that would have been HAPPY to hear a 2150...

The average age was not quite as stratospheric as I was worried about. Folks from Sony Japan were at the show with VERY pricey and quite impressive SS-AR1 & SS-AR2. http://www.stereophile.com/content/sony-ss-ar1-loudspeaker
Onkyo, Marantz & McIntosh all had very nice two channel setups. Wisdom Audio sounded very impressive, as well they should at the price. http://www.stereophile.com/content/wisdom-audio

Local guys just starting out had incredible performance / value -- http://www.sonichemisphere.com/Pricing_Finishes.html

Anybody else visit Rosemont Il this weekend?

#93064 - 04/09/13 01:44 PM Re: Axpona Chicago -- Two Channel seemed well attended [Re: renov8r]
rubbersoul Offline
Desperado

Loc: folsom, pa.
Going to the New York Audio Show this weekend and looking forward to seeing 99% of the equipment that I can't afford to buy haha...but it will be fun. As it is I am in the market for a new processor and have been since Outlaw had announce the development do the 978. It took me a year and a half and a very large piggy bank to save some money for a very good processor. The 990 served me well but with the advent of HDMI, better video and audio processing I've had the knack for stepping up and retiring the 990. I was seriously considering the Marantz 7701 and was hoping that Oulaw would be putting that unit in there product line-up. That did not happen. As a matter of fact I do not understand why Marantz does not allow access to all of their products on this web-site. My menu has changed in regards to the 7701 and I M looking to the 8801. I found an authorized dealer for Marantz and he is giving me an offer I can't refuse and I will still have my 990 although I DO intend to put it up for sale. It is pristine condition. I probably will be selling my 35' long HDMI-DVI cables also.
I like Outlaw products and intend to keep my 7700.
It's a shame but lately visiting this forum it does not seem very active. A couple of years ago opening this site there always seemed to be a buzz about about the forum.

Oh and the reference to AGE. I am assuming your not even in your fortifies. I myself am in the trimester of my life and enjoying every minute of it.
Just think one day you will be my replacement. Haha.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini
ROON

#93066 - 04/09/13 03:41 PM Re: Axpona Chicago -- Two Channel seemed well attended [Re: renov8r]
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
I was born in 1965...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM