New products

Posted by: curegeorg

New products - 11/24/04 11:57 PM

Anyone see that the release date for the 1070, etc. is pushed back until mid January ish? Seems like someone needs to go over there and slap a few asians around... j/k
Posted by: JT Clark

Re: New products - 11/25/04 12:22 AM

Yes, let's see them send out a load of faulty units or better yet, plain empty boxes instead. That'll work out so much better.
Posted by: Tony S

Re: New products - 11/25/04 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by curegeorg:
... Seems like someone needs to go over there and slap a few asians around...
...what other Gunslinger would have such a unique and well timed Thanksgiving message? The slow and lazy ones usually wear red or black belts, so you should start your slapping there. I hear they respect authority. Let us know how they respond.

Re: New products - 11/25/04 09:41 PM

i guess the both of you missed the j/k part...

i wasnt criticizing as much as i was pointing this out... i guess my reputation clouds some of my posts. so be it.

Re: New products - 11/25/04 09:42 PM

i am anticipating the new amp though.
Posted by: JHoff80

Re: New products - 11/26/04 07:16 PM

Yeah I can't wait for the 1070.
Posted by: JosefM

Re: New products - 11/27/04 12:43 AM

I couldn't wait for the 1070...I picked up a Pioneer1014 for the same price I paid for the 1050 2years ago.
Posted by: CLiang

Re: New products - 11/27/04 04:52 AM

Quote:
Anyone see that the release date for the 1070, etc. is pushed back until mid January ish? Seems like someone needs to go over there and slap a few asians around... j/k
My father came here from China in 1953, when I was just 8 years old. Mao was taking control, and we escaped just before it got bad. He was an economist, and became a professor here in the USA. He even taught at Harvard for a time.

My family has a home theatre, and I have enjoyed reading the outlaw site for about a year now. I have noticed that you seem to offend many people, so perhaps you were just kidding as you say. While asian people rarely respond to racist comments, you should know that we do not enjoy your brand of humor.

Re: New products - 11/27/04 09:07 AM

I don't think anyone here enjoys that kind of humor, let alone those of Asian decent.
Posted by: cycole1

Re: New products - 11/27/04 02:30 PM

I was a joke

Re: New products - 11/27/04 04:45 PM

Doesn't matter, it was a bad one.
Posted by: Paul J. Stiles

Re: New products - 11/27/04 06:01 PM

Yup!!!

The inclusion of one word changes the whole meaning.

Paul

Re: New products - 11/27/04 11:15 PM

j/k means just kidding, just kidding means i was just kidding. if you dont know what kidding means then look it up.

ironic that that complaint was your first post ever.... perhaps you are another outlaw trying to hate??? either way who cares and lighten up.

Re: New products - 11/27/04 11:40 PM

Quote:
j/k means just kidding, just kidding means i was just kidding.
Don't care. It's still pretty insensitive.
Posted by: Sound Killer

Re: New products - 11/27/04 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CLiang:
My father came here from China in 1953, when I was just 8 years old. Mao was taking control, and we escaped just before it got bad. He was an economist, and became a professor here in the USA. He even taught at Harvard for a time.

My family has a home theatre, and I have enjoyed reading the outlaw site for about a year now. I have noticed that you seem to offend many people, so perhaps you were just kidding as you say. While asian people rarely respond to racist comments, you should know that we do not enjoy your brand of humor.
He’ll be killed right on the street if he’s in Asia. (No kidding) This kind of person is useless.
Posted by: gonk

Re: New products - 11/28/04 12:51 AM

CLiang - Welcome to the forum, and I hope you will continue to read the site and even contribute if interested. If you've been around a while, you know that we're typically a laid back and friendly crowd.

Quote:
ironic that that complaint was your first post ever.... perhaps you are another outlaw trying to hate??? either way who cares and lighten up.
curegeorg - Some of us who have corresponded with you since your arrival in this forum have come to more readily recognize your quirks and mannerisms, making it easier us for us to look past the occasional trollish quip, but that doesn't relieve you of a need to think before you post. The original comment here was in poor taste pure and simple, and the "j/k" at the end was not a good balance for such a tacky comment. CLiang was entirely within his rights to register in order to critique your attempt at humor, and to do so without being called "another outlaw trying to hate." I'd suggest that you to step up to the plate here and acknowledge that the original comment could easily have been seen as needlessly offensive.
Posted by: Sound Killer

Re: New products - 11/28/04 02:22 AM

No need for him to step up. Block his IP or simply disable his account would much faster. He does nothing. It is a shame to let him stay in this forum.
Posted by: Inertia4u

Re: New products - 11/28/04 06:54 PM

poor taste indeed.
Posted by: Scott

Re: New products - 11/28/04 08:41 PM

The Outlaw Saloon is meant to be a safe place for the discussion of topics
based around the general subject of home theater. As such, we cannot, and will
not tolerate any posts that are offensive to any racial, ethnic, religious
group or anyone's personal beliefs. Sometimes one person's humor may go over the
line, regardless of whether or not any ill intent was meant. The initial
message in this thread, to our minds, does go over the thin line the divides humor
and offensive behavior.

Accordingly, we are locking this thread with the warning to all that we
reserve the right to bar Saloon access to anyone who posts messages that are in
violation of our rules. PLEASE engage your brain before typing. Fun is fun, but
please be warned that we take racial comments seriously in these parts!