LFM-1 Compact blowing fuses. What to do?

Posted by: Jasen

LFM-1 Compact blowing fuses. What to do? - 10/22/12 06:09 PM

The other day we went to watch a movie and I noticed the bass was lacking. I went over to our LFM-1 Compact and noticed all the lights were off. Popped out the fuse. Blown.

I bought a couple more 2A 250V fuses. They had 3A or 2A, not 2.5A as the unit came with. Put the first one in and turned the unit on. Nothing. Pulled the fuse. Blown. Being dumb I put the second one in. Blown.

What's my next step? Should I try 3A fuses? Should I hunt down 2.5A ones? Time for more serious measures?

- Jasen.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: LFM-1 Compact blowing fuses. What to do? - 10/22/12 08:29 PM

Call Outlaw before you do some damage. Something is shorted in the circuitry. You could take the sub apart and look for obvious issues with the amp such as a wire touching a metal part which is grounded.
Posted by: Frank Wong

Re: LFM-1 Compact blowing fuses. What to do? - 12/28/12 06:29 PM

Mine has the same issue of blowing fuse as well. I tried taking it apart but the back panel will not come off. It seems to be glued AND tighten with screws. Any tips of taking it apart will be appreciated. I think mine is already past warranty period. Shipping it back for repair will not be cheap.

Thanks

Frank
Posted by: Scott

Re: LFM-1 Compact blowing fuses. What to do? - 12/28/12 08:59 PM

No glue, but over time they do tend to "stick" pretty well. Don't be afraid to use a little elbow grease. You can always remove the woofer and push the amp out from the inside. Unless you have a loose speaker wire connection, you'll probably need to send the amplifier back for some TLC since there really aren't any user serviceable parts. But we'll be sure get you up and running at a very reasonable cost (should you be out of warranty).
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: LFM-1 Compact blowing fuses. What to do? - 12/30/12 12:18 PM

Sending the amp back will be a heck of a lot less than the whole sub and likely to survive better too..