The dreaded "no audio" problem ...

Posted by: Bruce E

The dreaded "no audio" problem ... - 10/17/06 08:54 PM

I think I might have been experiencing the notorious "no audio" problem with my 970. Once in a while, when I wake my CD player and then my 970 from their standby modes, I start the CD but have no sound. Sometimes (I think), the sound starts after a couple of seconds, but other times I switch to another input and back to get the sound.

Am I infected by the disease, and should I let Outlaw Audio know so that they can add my data to their statistics?
Posted by: iardon

Re: The dreaded "no audio" problem ... - 10/17/06 10:51 PM

If the sound starts after a couple seconds you might just have auto-polling on. Try switching that off for that input and see (hear ;-) ) what happens.

When I had (recent update fixed it) the no audio problem, I would have to cycle through the dolby modes to fix it. Not switching sources like you mentioned.

Re: The dreaded "no audio" problem ... - 12/31/06 08:54 PM

Just a quick update: I do, indeed have the "no audio" problem. As often as not (it seems), when I first start up the 970, I get no audio and must switch to another source and back again. This happens even when I want to listen to FM radio, so it appears to be entirely internal to the 970. Oh, well ... I knew this might happen, and I can just live with it, if that's what I must do to enjoy the otherwise flawless performance from this unit. :-|
Posted by: jmschnur

Re: The dreaded "no audio" problem ... - 02/01/07 03:07 PM

Does the new firmware fix tihs for you?

joel

Re: The dreaded "no audio" problem ... - 02/03/07 12:04 PM

I haven't been able to check this out yet. I don't usually run Windows at home, and the PC is not near the A/V system, so it's not terribly convenient. I might just borrow a laptop from work to do the update.

I'll post the results once I've installed the upgrade.
Posted by: unl1983

Re: The dreaded "no audio" problem ... - 02/03/07 06:19 PM

I also experienced the occational "no audio" issue when starting the 970 from standby. I upgraded the firmware last Wednesday and still haven't encountered any "no audio" incidence yet.
New firmware seems to work...
Posted by: Ragnar

Re: The dreaded "no audio" problem ... - 02/06/07 10:13 PM

I have the 1070. Since installing the new firmware, I have not encountered one "no audio" problem.