2200 m-block amps

Posted by: cogin

2200 m-block amps - 06/19/14 12:02 PM

Im useing a pair of the 2200 m-blocks to drive my klipschorns with a parasound. P/hp 850,wish you guys would come out with a 2 ch pre amp

Re: 2200 m-block amps - 06/19/14 12:28 PM

My preamp has rca out puts only ,im useing a pair of rca to xlr interconnects,is that ok or should i just use rca intrconnects
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: 2200 m-block amps - 06/19/14 07:10 PM

XLR's are for the balanced inputs and I'm not sure that only having that on one end actually buys you any performance improvement. It's also my understanding that balanced inputs only offer a benefit if it's a long cable run so if that's not an issue I would just use straight RCA's. Plus, and this is just me, I tend to try and avoid unnecessary conversions whenever I can.

Re: 2200 m-block amps - 06/20/14 01:54 PM

I switched back to rca only interconects ,i did not notice any sonic change
Posted by: Rene S. Hollan

Re: 2200 m-block amps - 01/06/15 04:16 PM

What's the input circuitry like?

At this price, I'd expect the amp to be single-ended, which is fine, as I want balanced inputs for a long cable run and don't need a fully differential design. The intended use is for surround speakers, co-located with the speakers.

However, does it simply take one input and shield, or both inputs, referencing one to signal ground (which would require signal ground and chassis ground to be isolated)?

The former would lose all benefits of a balanced cable run.

Preamp is an Outlaw 990.