7125 has 3 Static Channels

Posted by: ChiTown Hustler

7125 has 3 Static Channels - 07/11/14 05:59 PM

Hello,

I have a Model 7125 with three channels that crackle with static. The static/crackling noise is loud enough to hear at the seated position.

To test which component (amp, speakers, or speaker wires) may be causing the static I have everything unplugged from the amp with the exception of the speaker wires that are connected to the speakers.

The pre/pro and all other cables are unplugged from the 7125.

The three channels that make the noise are the two left and right surrounds, and the left back surround.

I ruled out the speakers and the speaker wires as the culprit. I did so by swapping a quiet (non-static) speaker (Center) to one that makes static (Left Surround). When I did the static noise changed to the Center and the Left surround was quiet. I did this with the other two that make the static/crackling noise with the same results.

Is there something that can be done, or something I'm missing before sending it in for service?

Thanks for advising,
-Jim
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: 7125 has 3 Static Channels - 07/12/14 02:31 PM

Call Outlaw and get their help. It probably needs to come back home for some fixin. It sounds like the output caps are bad. Was it sitting unpowered for a long time?

Re: 7125 has 3 Static Channels - 07/13/14 10:08 PM

No, it's used about 5 days per week except for a week here and there when vacationing. I've had it about a year and its paired with a Model 975. I'm not sure how long it has been that way. I made some changes to our room and my seating position changed a bit. I noticed it that night.

Thanks for your help!
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: 7125 has 3 Static Channels - 07/14/14 09:24 AM

Is it still under warranty? If so you pay to ship it to them they fix it and ship it back on their dime. I had a channel go out on mine due to a loose wire about a year into the warranty. Its been fine since then.
Posted by: Outlaw Ben

Re: 7125 has 3 Static Channels - 07/14/14 09:55 AM

Hi Jim,

Please contact us, M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm EST, at (866) OUTLAWS so we may better assist you.

Re: 7125 has 3 Static Channels - 08/21/14 06:08 PM

Just got my amp back from a warranty repair. It works great and all of the channels are quiet. No more static. I'm not sure what was wrong, but things are perfect. Thanks Outlaws!
Posted by: Outlaw Ben

Re: 7125 has 3 Static Channels - 08/26/14 01:34 PM

Awesome!