Hi Fellow Outlaws,

I'm now getting into the 21st century: I just had to replace my circa 2002 Toshiba 36HF12 36" CRT television with a new Samsung UN65H7150 65" flat panel HDTV.

I'm currently using an Outlaw 990 and sending Component video to the HDTV. Looks OK, but I was told — and agree — that I need an AV Preamp with HDMI, so I'm probably going to buy an Outlaw 975.

I also have Verizon FIOS HD service and use a Toshiba DVR620KU to record programs to DVD. Basically, I've got the analog outputs from the FIOS box going to the 990 and have analog output running from the 990 to the Toshiba on Video 1 for recording, according to the 990 manual. Works fine.

I want to continue recording programs from my FIOS box on my Toshiba DVD recorder and run everything through the 975.

Is that possible? The Page 43 of the 975 manual discusses recording audio sources, but there's nothing about recording video sources.

So now I read the 975 manual and it looks like I'm going to have to do something like the following to continue to record:

Connect FIOS Box up to 975 using both an HDMI input and analog inputs on the 975. Question: which analog inputs should I use on the 975? I suppose these will be Composite video and the L & R Audio, but which set on the 975?

Connect Toshiba DVD Recorder HDMI output to 975 and connect some analog outputs from the 975 to the Toshiba's inputs.
Question again: which analog outputs on the 975? On the 990, only the Video 1 outputs allow full AV recording, but I can't find anything about this in the 975 manual.

I presume with the FIOS box connected to the 975 with both HDMI and Analog, I'd use the 975 menu to select which input source to use, e.g. HDMI when I want to watch TV, analog when I want to watch and record?

Anyone done this and have any advice?

Many thanks in advance!

;-) G

;-) G. E. S.