Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#95600 - 01/05/16 03:40 PM A year or so later...
NRBQLou Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver, CO USA
I've been away from this forum for quite a while inasmuch as my Marantz 7701 and Outlaw 755 combo have served my purposes quite well. But recently, the 755 has been "acting up" (tripping itself off for no apparent reason) and so I've come back to check out the forum's thoughts on the 5000 (probably my replacement unit when the 755 finally kicks it). I'm amazed and saddened that the inability to nail down a new pre-pro is playing itself out...again.

I won't pretend to understand the vagaries of development and manufacturing enough to speculate as to why this might be, but I sincerely hope that Outlaw accomplishes something in this area, soon, because it appears (judging by the forum, admittedly not statistically valid) as if many loyal Outlaws are tiring of the wait and the lack of information and are moving on and finally dropkicking their 990's for other brands. I do know a little bit about marketing communications, however, and it seems that Outlaw is way past the logic of keeping mum to control expectations (a good idea)and into the stonewall phase of non-communication on the new product (an increasingly bad idea with each passing week/month/?).

Wishing Outlaw the best for 2016 and hoping they introduce something that will give me the "upgrade bug" again.
Oppo BDP-83, Sony UBP-X800
Roku Streaming Stick +
Music Hall mm5.1 table, Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge, Cambridge Audio 640P Phono Preamp, Pro-Ject Speed Box
Belkin Pure AV Power Conditioner
Audioquest Type 8 speaker cable, Monoprice speaker Cable
Mostly Monoprice interconnects

#95601 - 01/06/16 12:49 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
+1

#95602 - 01/06/16 02:50 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
RCF051 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington DC
Agreed. Want to be able to upgrade my 990 with a new Outlaw pre-pro. Am hoping we have some sort of an update by the time Outlaw Ben's 1/15/15 post is a year old.

Edited by RCF051 (01/06/16 02:50 PM)

#95603 - 01/06/16 08:19 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
What made the new Outlaw processor unique a year ago was having both the object codecs in one box. Now I have seen a few with all three codecs in one box even though DTS-x has yet to be fired out. Getting market share enough to justify the development costs becomes less and less achievable as time goes on. Unless this thing comes in at an incredible price I don't see it being unique enough to get Joe consumers attention away from the big boys and most of us have moved on at this point.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#95604 - 01/07/16 11:30 AM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I'd like some information on it, too. I upgraded to the 975 mostly to get the current generation audio codecs as the 1050 lacked HDMI inputs. At the time, the five input restriction didn't bother me and I couldn't see it being an issue any time soon. I love the performance of the 975 but I'm definitely feeling the input restriction now. Three of the five are used up in video game systems alone! That update bug has been starting to bite me again and I'd love to stick with the Outlaws. Let's hope they bring us some details soon!

#95607 - 01/07/16 03:19 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: XenonMan]
RCF051 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington DC
You make good points, XenonMan, but if Outlaw has come to the same conclusion (which I hope not) those of us who are holding out should be advised to consider other alternatives.

#95608 - 01/07/16 05:48 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
XenonMan Offline
Desperado

Loc: Columbus,North Carolina
We have been through this a few times over the last 3-4 years and when the item goes 6 month past its initial ETA it seems that Outlaw doesn't want to give any news. What happens here is that the loyalists tend to tune the forum out and move on to other equipment of which there is an incredible selection. I love Outlaws customer service and my equipment has been very reliable over the years so that is why I stick. I am unlikely to upgrade my current system until catastrophe strikes so the new processor delay is not an issue for me. I am (like many) very curious to see what Outlaw pulls out of their hat. My concern is that when the other processors went down the tubes there was a lot of silence before the cancellation notice and a lot of re-marketing of Onkyo and Marantz processors.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner

#95611 - 01/08/16 07:29 AM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
H Stevens Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
March will begin to herald in the annual announcements from Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha (Maybe Pioneer, doubt Marantz) regarding their "new" products for 2016. With the collaboration between Pioneer and Onkyo, it should be interesting.

Maybe Outlaw will want to be part of the "refresh season", maybe not.

#95612 - 01/08/16 02:20 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: NRBQLou]
Hank Offline
Desperado

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
I met Peter at CES a couple of years ago, showing his new speakers. It wasn't an Outlaw showing and I don't think Outlaw per se exhibits at CES, does it?

#95613 - 01/08/16 05:10 PM Re: A year or so later... [Re: Hank]
renov8r Offline
Desperado

Loc: Illinois
Originally Posted By: Hank
I met Peter at CES a couple of years ago, showing his new speakers. It wasn't an Outlaw showing and I don't think Outlaw per se exhibits at CES, does it?
'

From what I recall, that is accurate. Mr. Tribeman has enough "industry experience" that he is on the CES Audio Division Board -- https://www.cta.tech/Membership/Divisions-and-Councils/Home-Audio-Division.aspx but that is as a representative of Atlantic Technologies.

I suspect that folks "in the know" know better than to bother Peter at CES about "Outlaw"...

The other thing that is striking about Outlaw is how long they tend to build / sell many of their products. The RR2150 is still VERY MUCH a solid product about a DECADE after its debut, compared to the needless "annual product cycle" of many mass market brands I have every reason to believe that a nice STABLE new pre-pro, with immersive codecs, will remain a SOLID value for many many years...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 114 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts