I have recently bought and connected an Oppo BDP83 to the 990 via the 7.1 ch direct and am attempting to use the DVI in and DVI out to a Panasonic PT AE4000 projector via HDMI. I also have component cables connected to the projector. I'm using Blue Jeans HDMI cables and HDMI to DVI adapters. When the BDP83 is connected directly to the projector using the same HDMI cables picture is OK. When I connect the HDMI through the 990 via the DVI adapters I have issues with video: -

With the BDP83 set with 1080p output resolution the picture is either a nasty purple shade, alternating good picture/snow or just snow.

Changing the BDP Output resolution to 1080i resolves all issues and picture is good.

I tried various combinations of cables and HDMI to DVI adapters and I sometimes have a good picture at 1080p sometimes not - always 1080i is good.

My guess is that either one or both of the HDMI to DVI adapters are faulty or possibly the DVI jacks on the 990. Could dirt / dust in the 990 DVI connections be an issue? Why would progressive v interlaced make a difference?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Panasonic PT AE4000 projector
Linn Keilidh mains
Linn AV5140 center
Royd Coniston R rears
Custom vented sub (2 x Dayton RS390HF)