Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#93865 - 01/12/14 03:17 PM Remote control: Turning unit on / codes
BWest Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hello! I recently purchased a preowned 990 and am excited to finally own a piece of Outlaw gear - I love it! I am having two very basic issues with the remote and was hoping one of you could help me figure it out quickly.

The first - the remote controls the 990 perfectly except for power-on. I have to press the standby button on the front panel to get the unit to power on, but power off works fine via remote - any ideas here?

The second - I have a Motorola-built AT&T UVerse cable box that I cannot seem to figure out how to control with the included remote. I tried all the codes in the 990 manual and in the 975 manual as well - has anyone had a similar issue and figured out how to do this?

Thanks everyone - happy to be part of the family!

Cheers,

Brent

#93868 - 01/12/14 05:21 PM Re: Remote control: Turning unit on / codes [Re: BWest]
wolverine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
For the first question, this was a design feature! The power button on the remote is just a power off button. To turn it on you have to hit one of the video or audio source buttons at the bottom: VIDEO1 - VIDEO5, CD, DVD, PHONO, 7.1 DIRECT, etc., usually which ever one you are going to select first anyway.

Sorry I can't help with the UVerse cable box. Mine works with the Motorola-built COMCAST box. You might try sending a message to Outlaw support.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts