Got my zone 2 all configured. Works slick. It's not in another room, as was, I think planned by outlaw.

It's in same (living room). I feed a SONY prof monitor with switchable inputs (A & B)from Zone 2 out. A gets S-Video and B gets composite since they don't cross convert. Analog out goes to small preamp, amp and STAX phones. Video 1 is living room dishnetwork via S-video.
Video-2 is downstairs dishnetwork receiver fed by 50' S-video and stereo analog cables. Video 3 and 4 are the usual others, like laserdisc, which sends composite, so I watch it on B of monitor. So the grandson can watch his (ugh) cartoons (Video-1) on the big TV in the morning and if I want give him dynamic phones, while I watch something else (Video-2) from other sat rcvr on zone 2. smile smile laugh wink

Furthermore it would be easy enough to "send" this material to another room as well.

Now to the issue of running my STAX (electrostatic phones) from the dynamic jack on front of 990: Though I've not yet done it, Steve confirms it should be fine, since the dynamics are "seeing" line level out...which would feed line in on my separate preamp. Why do it??? (1) Because I can; (2) Because I want the DOLBY in my STAX..at least to play with. smile
Millenium dts decoder;Digital Director
Players: Tascam CD01U/SonyCX455 x 3/DV955/BDP83
Old Sony 60" SXRD TV
Zone 2 (also liv-Room: listening to music while Mrs watches TV): Crown SL2 preamp/D40 Amp/Stax Headphones

My "Man-cave":
4 channel-only inline room. No TV (thank heaven)!!!
990/755/4-KEF 107s
Tascam CD01U/dts decoder/digital director
Alesis 16x4x2 mixer
Recorders Alesis HD24/ML9600/Crown CX844s/SonyDAT/Tascam DA38
Ham Radio Shack (KB1STH) ICOM/Yaesu/Drakes x 3