Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#94626 - 01/07/15 02:16 AM External Processor hookup questions...
Clarinet Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Florida
I'm wanting to use my External Processor jacks for a graphic equalizer and to run two powered speakers off the equalizer. At the same time, I want the option as to whether or not the Outlaw is seeing the signal from the equalizer while the powered speakers are also run off the equalizer.

I would like to be able to select between either powered speaker from the equalizer AND at the same time select whether or not the Outlaw uses the equalizer.

I would be using a 5 position selector switch. To accomplish the above, the External Processor IN on the Outlaw would potentially be receiving 2 inputs simultaneously: One directly from the External Processor OUT (used to bypass the equalizer), and one from the Equalizer.

Question: Would it be a problem for the Outlaw amp to receive both inputs concurrently - one from the External Processor "out" to the "in" AND the other from the graphic equalizer (powered by the External Processor "out") to the External processor "in" at the same time?

The switch I'm using is not an "either/or" A or B switch, but one that allows all inputs and outputs (A B C D and E) to be "on" (connected) at the same time.

This sounds convoluted (and it is) but I'm trying to achieve on the fly options in my setup.

#94629 - 01/07/15 06:26 PM Re: External Processor hookup questions... [Re: Clarinet]
Outlaw Jim Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
"Question: Would it be a problem for the Outlaw amp to receive both inputs concurrently - one from the External Processor "out" to the "in" AND the other from the graphic equalizer (powered by the External Processor "out") to the External processor "in" at the same time?"

Yes, this would be a problem. The EPL input, is one channel pair (L,R) entering the input source selector chip. You would be, in fact, mixing the two signals together.

This input can be utilized as an extra input source, if not used in the traditional in/out loop configuration.

You may use this configuration as an either/or set up (with and without the EQ powered on).

Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts