Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#86338 - 03/04/11 12:05 PM RR2150 Froze
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
I have the new 2150 hooked up and running but when I was programming the FM presets through the remote I heard a big relay click, the sound went away and all the lights on the front panel turned on except for the mute. The only way I could receover the unit was to flip the main switch on the back panel. This only happened to me once so far.

Anyone else see this behavior? Should I be concerned?

#86341 - 03/04/11 01:13 PM Re: RR2150 Froze [Re: EEman]
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I have never seen that from my 2150. Sorry...

#86429 - 03/08/11 07:57 PM Re: RR2150 Froze [Re: gonk]
EEman Offline
Desperado

Loc: Canton, MI
Update: Loving the 2150 and haven't had any more problems. Maybe it was all the sunspot activity we were supposed to be having. It acutally knocked out our direct TV link at work.

I was thinking it would be nice to have some sort of parental control on the tuner so I could block the rap stations that certain individuals in my house listen to. I also pick up a number of Canadian stations and I can tell you that some don't sensor out the all the words that the US stations find objectional. Doesn't bother me, but I do have kids...

#86865 - 04/29/11 01:43 PM Re: RR2150 Froze [Re: tattoo]
Douggie_Fresh Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: TX
You know...mine has done this 3 times now and I just bought it in January...I noticed this happens when the volume control is higher then you drop the sound down quickly...I did the same thing...hit the power switch on the back...and that reset everything to normal....from now on I have not turned the volume up or down quickly and have not experienced the problem.

#87053 - 06/04/11 01:14 AM Re: RR2150 Froze [Re: Douggie_Fresh]
DaveT 88 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Yup, my RR2150 freezes like this every once in a while too.

(In fact, it just did it again, which is why I came looking here and found this thread!)

#87055 - 06/04/11 08:04 AM Re: RR2150 Froze [Re: EEman]
stevem849 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

It has happened to me also. Did you contact Outlaw? I have not. Wondering if anyone has contacted Outlaw about this situation.

#93952 - 02/11/14 02:32 PM Re: RR2150 Froze [Re: EEman]
xminus1 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I realize this is from a couple of years ago so I'm assuming most of you have contacted outlaw. I contacted them and they said it was directly related to the IR frequency from the remote somehow overloading the processor under very rare circumstances. The fix is just a matter of turning off the units main power switch in the back and turning it back on. here is a copy of a reply I received from them regarding this issue:

From customer feedback, I've only heard of this happening a few times. I witnessed this very thing once on the test bench.
Once I observed the freeze up, I tried to duplicate the symptom, in an effort to find out to what extent this could/would happen.
I was not able to duplicate this again for that unit. By accounts, it has always occurred when customers have been using the remote. Feedback from the engineers confirmed on their end what I had explained to you previously.
It will not cause damage to the processor. You may continue to use the remote normally.
Please let me know if this does re-occur. I would very much like your input on this. But, I doubt it will.

#93953 - 02/12/14 12:57 PM Re: RR2150 Froze [Re: EEman]
Outlaw Jim Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
I want to post the rest of the explanation given to xminus1, so that anyone experiencing this anomaly can be assured it is not an issue that requires servicing. Read on...

On rare occasions, the processor chip on the R2150 may become overwhelmed by the IR input signal resulting in a locked up state. This is evidenced by, as you describe, the 'blue dot' remaining on, while the unit stops responding to commands.
From my experience, this has happened when I have sent, by remote, a series of quick commands.
Although it may happen under other circumstances, it has not been known to be a regular occurrence. As I stated above, it is a rare happening and I doubt you will see this happen again.

Turning off and back on will remedy this. It will not require servicing.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts