Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#62883 - 11/25/06 03:10 PM Headphone question
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Again asking questions..... smile

As posted in previous post, I am a new owner of 990. Therefore I have to buy complementary accesories such as headphone.

Which headphone model you guys would recommend in order to take best advantage of the Dolby Headphone processing technology?

I am aware that, according to the 990 Owner´s Manual this technology works with any ordinary headphone, but I assume that must be some differences.

Oh....Forgot to say that must be WIRELESS headphone. Thanks.

#62884 - 11/27/06 06:21 PM Re: Headphone question
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Hey....

Nobody has an aswer for this question?

#62885 - 11/27/06 07:44 PM Re: Headphone question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I haven't used even half-way decent headphones in more than a decade, much less decent wireless headphones. As for working with Dolby Headphone, it shouldn't matter - all the "magic" there is happening upstream of the headphone jack, so if the headphones work well with stereo content they'll work well with Dolby Headphone mode as well.

#62886 - 11/27/06 08:47 PM Re: Headphone question
justhavingfun Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lansing, KS
If you want to find anything about headphone and its gears, check out the www.head-fi.org and you will find all sorts of information. But generally speaking wireless headphones are FM sound quality at best. I still recommend wired headphones for your 990 such as Sennheiser HD580. "Warning", be careful reading too much at Head-fi forums, your wallet might bleed profusely if you get hooked anything about head-fi gears.

Also check out the www.headphone.com for some recommendation for wireless headphones. They have good info as well.

#62887 - 11/28/06 07:23 PM Re: Headphone question
sluggo Offline
Desperado

Loc: Plano, TX
Grado SR80s are a good choice if you're not already a headphone aficionado. You can pick them up from local specialty shops or Audio Advisor online.

As far as wireless headphones, you're not going to find a heck of a lot of quality in that arena. The typical wireless headphone consumer is tipping the quality/convenience scale in the wrong direction.

#62888 - 11/29/06 10:00 AM Re: Headphone question
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Just wanted to add a second for a pair of Grado SR-80 headphones. Probably one of the best audio deals out there for under a $100. Just be aware that they are open-back headphones meaning that you will hear everything going on in the room besides the music.

#62889 - 11/29/06 08:32 PM Re: Headphone question
Cadu Offline
Gunslinger

Thank you guys for all the tips. I will check. I did not know that wireless headphones have much lower quality then wired.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 266 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM