Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#32925 - 04/07/03 01:36 AM outlaw and electrostats
npp Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: scottsdale, AZ
Anyone out there use the M200s with electrostats?
Quick question guys --
I have a Denon 3802 also and have it hooked up to 2 Martin Logan Scenario's and a Martin Logan Cinema center speaker. My rear surrounds are JBLs. If I get 3 M200s, will they work well with the Martin Logan's? I have an Infinity sub, so I currently have the logan's set to "small" -- any reason to switch them to "large" if I get the M200s or will the logan's woofers fight with my subwoofer? I'm lost -- please help.NPP

#32926 - 04/07/03 04:47 PM Re: outlaw and electrostats
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Anyone out there use the M200s with electrostats?

Weight my response and I’m still early days on a lot of my notions. I don’t own electrostatics. But do feel after demo time with ML’s, - that the ML’s do greatly benefit from good/clean/unstressed power.
Without looking up the 3802 I’m going to assume it’s a receiver with built-in amps. In that scenario I think you will hear more detail out of your ML’s matching them with the 200’s and will notice an increase in the quality of their preformance.

Again not pulling up your speaker’s specs. The power sent to the speaker should never affect your choice to set them as large/small, that choice is really based on the frequency response range of the model speaker.

I have 2 mains which are technically in the stat range for setting to large but often leave them on small, for fear of their true capabilities, and assuming that I am talking load off by setting to small and creating a greater safety margin as too how hard the drivers are pushed.

As regards the Logans low range ‘fighting’ with your sub. That (I would think) should not be an issue as long as you have control of your crossovers and phase.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 356 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM