Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#57268 - 01/15/06 10:25 PM Lost in the bass management topics
treetownal Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New York City
This is an amazing piece of equipment.

I finally wired up my 990/7125 combo and it is such a dramatic improvement over my yamaha receiver that I have been air guitaring on my couch and almost reduced to tears with the right music.

The true test was my completely unaware girlfriend describing the difference in clarity and soundstage without even knowing i had new equipment.

I had trouble wiring it last night and setup problems and Outlaw emailed me within 2 hours late on saturday night and helped fix the problems. Late saturday night on a long holiday weekend night. Think about that.

I do look forward to the bass management fix, which I have recognized in certain settings. In the meantime I am pleased as punch in what this thing can do. WOW.

Based on what I have experienced in my pre-sale call and my incredibly quick response with the setup issues, we'll have a fix soon. This is a sick sounding unit in the meantime. I have no brownie points to score and I"m in the middle of my trial period so I have no ulterior motives. Just really psyched at the musical and video capabilities and convinced that the minor inconviences will be fixed asap.

Wow. I'm listening as I type this and wow. My purportedly very good yamaha sounds like a clock radio compared to this thing.
HSU VTF-2MKII
KEF Q9C center
KEF Q15.2 surrounds
KEF Q15 surround rears

#57269 - 01/16/06 11:04 AM Re: Lost in the bass management topics
wolverine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
Am I correct in concluding that the 990 works fine in all modes when all the speakers are set to SMALL, so one always uses the 990's bass management, and one does not use BYPASS? Reading all of this about bass management problems has me confused, because I did not think I had any problems, at least for my own set-up. Now I feel like an A/V hypochondriac! I believe I use my system the way Gonk describes he uses his. Every mode that I use seems to work as it is supposed to for this configuration. Even 2-ch analog sources (phono and tuner) get proper bass, and I don't hear voices coming from my sub!

confused

#57270 - 01/16/06 11:14 AM Re: Lost in the bass management topics
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
My understanding is that bass management is behaving itself for situations with all speakers set to small and no bypass engaged.

#57271 - 01/16/06 11:45 AM Re: Lost in the bass management topics
wolverine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
My understanding is that bass management is behaving itself for situations with all speakers set to small and no bypass engaged.
Thanks for the quick reply!

If I had a $2000 CD player, a $2000 universal DVD player and/or $10000 speakers that really went down to 20 Hz, I might consider using some combination of bypass w/ or w/o sub. But if I had these I probably would probably have a $5000 preamp too.

#57272 - 01/16/06 01:39 PM Re: Lost in the bass management topics
braidkid Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: WA
The BM issue really has gotten out of hand. It has not impacted me but I would hate for Outlaw to loose orders because of this.

I think they should write a detailed explanation for all of us ASAP so we can finally put this to rest.
Denon DVD-2910
M&K LCR750
M&K Surround-55 tripole
Dual M&K VX-1250
Outlaw PCAs
Blue Jeans Component and HDMI
Panamax 5500

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts