Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7194 - 01/29/03 12:53 PM Klipsch Anyone?
cactusjockey Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Diego Ca / Austin Tx
I am considering the Klipsch speaker system because of the brightness and wide sound stage they offer. Any one have experience with this combo?

#7195 - 01/29/03 02:05 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000729-2.html
If you can stand to wade through the above thread there are some general and sporadic observations about Kilspch, - after I took the thread off course due to brain freeze syndrome. (Too many Outlaw marguerites).

I decided against Kilspch based on demo's of models available at the local retailers, (not their highest-end offernings). But these decisions are SO SUBJECTIVE and personal taste oriented as too make the purchase of any speaker system not subject to right or wrong Although there are some whom would beg to differ on a bose purchase

I rate these speakers higher if your listening time is divided with heavy emphasis on the HT side.
But that’s just personal observation and of no consequence to other ears. Klipsch appears to have decent market share on the forums…so I’d be willing to bet that many purchaser’s after careful listening found the sound well-suited to their tastes and current needs.

SH’s ‘horns’ would be the ones I would love to demo, tweaked by someone who has training and knowledge regarding the proper implementation of horns in speakers and the ability to (DIY) tweak out some of the disadvantages.

I know there are Klispch owners in the forum hopefully some will highlight their experinces.

#7196 - 01/29/03 04:45 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
cactusjockey Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks for the response. BTW I'm trying to find someone in the San Diego/Socal area or perhaps the Austin Tx. area(my new home) that has the 950/770 combo to audition before I purchase. Any suggestions

#7197 - 01/29/03 06:28 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
Desperado

Any suggestions. None (I'm sorry) if no one replies might check back,- sometimes answers come in weeks on a post here as often some do not surf regulary. Also there are many who purchase and just go on...never hanging out in the forum.

The only other help I can offer is that Outlaws customer service is outstanding and they make the 30-day trial experince painless and smoother than many retail purchase experineces I have. You Never want to have to return something to 'Frys Electronics' around here!

#7198 - 01/29/03 09:51 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited February 21, 2003).]

#7199 - 01/30/03 11:10 AM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
stabie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX US
I live in Austin & have the 950/755. I'd be happy to let you have a listen. I'm using it with a mixture of speakers from EFE, B&W, polk & velodyne. I don;t use the 950 for video switching, but it does decode the HD audio signal & of course DVD stuff. Send me an email at stabie@jump.net to setup a time. I think you'll probably find somebody in SoCal too. I think speakers make alot more difference the the processor/amps though.

#7200 - 01/30/03 12:20 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
Desperado

Re: Invite: Unfortunately we barely fit one trip a year for the last several, - due to business restraints. I have an Uncle up that way though?!. The last time I was in LA was very memorable for me, - I saw Michael Crawford in POTO. That was a long time ago!
I would dearly love to hear the acoustics in that room of yours. SH. I will attempt to take you up on that if we ever travel that direction. And thank you for the kind offer!!!

#7201 - 01/30/03 12:25 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
cactusjockey Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Stabbie, thanks for the invite. I will take you up on it. Check your e-mailhttp://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/icons/icon10.gif
http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/icons/icon10.gif

#7202 - 01/30/03 12:26 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
cactusjockey Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

sorry about the misspell

#7203 - 02/17/03 07:06 PM Re: Klipsch Anyone?
shovelhead Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: modoc,in.,usa
cactusjockey, i listened to the new ref, series hooked up to a denon 3802 did not like them at all. i now have a yamaha rec. and it is painfuly "bright" with the 7 legends i have. that is why i am going with the 950/770 setup they say they have a neutral sound.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts