Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#71812 - 03/08/06 04:18 PM aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
gooomz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: new york
i know both are great, but which are better tower speakers? Please advise.

#71813 - 03/08/06 04:47 PM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
cpate212 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Diego
I have Aperion 633-T 's. I made my choice based on finish. (real chery veneer of high gloss/piano finish black -w- Aperion, vs vinyl laminate -w- a wood grain "look")I will also say Aperion has the best cust. service before, during and after the sale of any company I've ever delt with (inc. Outlaw, sorry guys but you're a very close second)and I manage retail store. As for performance, I can tell you, I retuned a pair of Polk RTi8's after hearing the Aperions,you'll find yourself listening for hours on end .Aperion also has a nice powered tower option. (free shipping, no tax,30 day demo option -w- free return shipping, 1 yr trade-up option) How can you go wrong? Check out the home theater galery in the Aperion forum (through the Aperionaudio site). look at the pics of the Aperion sound room and if you look through the other threads you can find picks of how they pack their speakers for shippment (again,the best I've seen)

#71814 - 03/08/06 05:09 PM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
cpate212 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: San Diego
I just noticed I posted a reply the last time you asked this question. Sorry if sounded repetitive.

#71815 - 03/08/06 05:12 PM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Good comments, cpate212. Others will hopefully weigh in with more first-hand experience regarding both brands. I've only heard Axiom's M3ti's, and while I have been pretty pleased with them I don't know that it gives me much insight into the full capability of Axiom's towers.

One important thing to keep in mind when considering feedback from others is the importance of personal tastes in speakers. From all I've read, both companies make good speakers for the money, but differences between companies (and between models from the same company) can get different responses from different people. The ideal solution is to try to listen to both with some material that you are familiar with, but of course that may not be possible.

#71816 - 03/11/06 01:38 AM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
tmoyak Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Erie, PA
gooomz, I was looking to both companies as well. After doing A LOT of research of reviews, customer comments, and basically anything I could get my hands on, I decided to buy the m80ti's (as well as the full 7.1 setup w/ ep500 subwoofer) from Axiom. I was interested in Aperion's crossover technology, however not all reviews of it were as glowing as I thought a "revolutionary" technology would be. I was even more convinced that the Axiom's titanium tweeters would provide the crisp, accurate sound that I was looking for.

So far, I have only hooked up the m80ti's, and am currently mounting the surrounds. They are only hooked to a 1990 or 1991 lower end model Denon receiver I'm borrowing (as I decide what I want to do for processor/amplifier, and I could not be more thrilled. I know when I get the right electronics paired up with them, that I'll be 110% thrilled with the purchase (I'm already 100% with what I have... they are amazing). My last two home theater setups involved Energy speakers and Wharfedale speakers. To me, the Energys were too reserved / laid back, and I really liked the bang for the buck that I got with the Wharfedales, but I really wanted to go the route I did and couldn't be more pleased.

I hope this helps.

Tom

#71817 - 03/22/06 03:40 PM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
aabouganem Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Edinburg, Texas
Long time ago (2yrs) I was on the same position you are now. I was deciding between Axiom and Aperion tower speakers. After reading many reviews, asking in the forums of each manufacturer, having some patience and calling each one, I went for Axiom Loudspeakers.

I must say, that Axiom customer service is second to none. I can not see any one with better CS. I do have also Outlaw products (770, ICBM, Velo SMS from their website), and as stated in the thread, they are a close second. I do not know Aperion CS, but investigating a lot on their forums, I think that better than Axiom they are not, maybe close, but not the same.

Sound wise, I havent heard the Aperions, but the Axioms are everything they say they are. They are very linear, almost no colored, but unforgiving of bad recordings. Some people defines them as sibilant, but that is because bad recordings, because with good CD's they do not sound like that. Stereo imaging is awesone with the M22 and the M80 (I have both), and the clarity is unbelievable. They can fill large rooms with ease. There is no better surrounds in the market than the QS series from Axiom, as reviewed many times around, as the Quadpolar setup have advantages over the dipole / bipole setups.

I have only A/B my speakers against BG's Radia X3 (hybrid) and Polk's Rti10, and Axioms were the choice I made, because I did like the sound of them, I like the price of them, and the CS is the best I have seen so far.

Getting back to the towers: which towers are you considering? I mean, which one are you deciding between? Which amp / receiver are you going to use to feed them? I guess that in order to compare with the dual 6.5" from the Aperion 633, you will have to go with either the M80 or the M60. Price are slightly similar to the M60, and both have dual 6.5" woofers, but the Axiom is giving an extra 5.25" midrange. I strongly advise to listen to both brands.

I will suggest getting both towers within the 30day guarantee and listen to them both, and post back as it will be very nice to see what conclusion you draw. I am still curious of the X-over tech of the Aperions.

#71818 - 04/09/06 08:58 PM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
zest Offline
Gunslinger

i have the axioms and absolutly love them, as a side note just this month axiom has introduced real wood veneer finishes to their speakers
check it out

#71819 - 04/17/06 03:22 AM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
Belgand Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Like a lot of other posters I haven't heard the Aperions, but I'm a big fan of Axiom. Unfortunately I only have the M3tis, but I'm seriously impressed with them.

While, like most bookshelves, they tend to shine mainly in the mids and lower highs they put in some amazing performances. On a few occasions I've been almost completely unable to tell that I wasn't hearing particular instruments live. They also have a very nice imaging. They're especially impressive considering I have a terrible room with a few echo pockets that are obvious when simply standing and speaking normally. Bass is obviously lacking on them, but even as bookshelves I've been impressed with the quality and quantity of bass that they can properly reproduce.

My original purchasing plan was to get the M3s and then move them back into duty as surrounds when I could afford to add in some Axiom towers for my mains. Owning the M3s and comparing them to the other speakers in their price point has made me very confident in this choice and looking forward to when I'll have the cash to complete the set.

As far as finish goes while they do now have real wood veneers the standard vinyl looks very, very good. I own several pieces of solid oak furniture that don't look nearly as good as the veneer. Of course, I went with the black finish so it's a bit more likely to hide any imperfections than one of the lighter choices.

So, in short, as others have said Axiom is decidedly worthy of all the hype and probably a little bit more once you hear them yourself. If you're still uncertain, try auditioning both on the money-back guarantee if you don't mind paying return shipping for the loser.

#71820 - 04/19/06 02:25 PM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
Corndog71 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago
Aperion was originally called Edge Audio about 5-6 years ago. I bought a pair of the 502s and still have them today! Mine were shipped in velvet bags even then. They really are great to their customers. And while Aperion has somewhat improved the design, they are still great, dynamic speakers. I'm even considering a full Aperion home theater package.

#71821 - 04/22/07 06:01 AM Re: aperion vs. axiom speakers, Help!
BadLikeJesseJames Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tucson, Az.-Orange County, Ca.
I own the Aperion 400 series which I suspect doesn't let my Outlaw equipment stretch its legs. Of course the Outlaw equipment will sound better with upper end Aperions. (Or future Outlaw Floorstands perhaps? With an Outlaw Center? And Outlaw Surrounds? Hint hint?) Even though the 400 Series are the lowest rung of Aperions line, they sound fantastic. Once I got everything dialed in this system delivers. With me, Aperion Audio & Outlaw Audio have a lifer on their hands. Both Outlaw and Aperion have the best Customer Service I have ever dealt with. I'll always refer anyone in their direction.

Bedroom: Outlaw 990-Outlaw 7125. Aperion's all the way around. Apple TV. HTPC built from scratch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts