Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#58409 - 03/07/06 11:32 PM New for 990 and bad experience
Louiceman Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Las Vegas NV
Hi all
I just got 990 last Friday can't get it work(menu button on front panel)they are on weekend and no sound come out.
Monday morning I call support get help the guy(don't remember his name)he help me walk through setup is still no sound come out, finally some thing wrong with Amp(Anthem PVA 5)brand new(open stock)I got 2 days before 990 from UPSCALE Audio CA. I call Upscale Audio 1 pm.on monday talk to Kevin(I think owner) he would take care for me, by sent me return lable at the end of the day by 5 pm. on e-mail.
6 pm. no e-mail from upscale audio so I send e-mail to remind him so I can have new one by this weekend to show my friend.
In the mean while I hook up 990 with NAD C 720 BEE Velodyne DLS 4000R and samsung DVD-HD931 play CD OH MY GOD I don't belive that 990 make sound excellent than before then I add satellite listen XM radio and HBO EVRY IMPRESSIVE in performance sound dynamic and clean(I can't imagine if I got 5 ch. working amp what's that would be).
Tuesday 12 pm. no e-mail so I have my wife call kevin(I working)that I had $5,000 HT equipment waiting to put them together? he got mad and he said"he did sent yesterday and you give me wrong e-mail and I don't care what's you have to do with that, I'm only dealer in CA no bady else would ship to you.
4.30pm. I got e-mail(Thanks GOD)
1. He shoud keep his word.
2. You don't have to be scientist to fig it out e-mail (suppose to be louiceman@msn.com NOT www.louiceman@msn.com)
3. I wouldn"t buy any thing from upscale audio it doesn't matter only dealer in CA (sale Anthem)I would get 7125 from outlaw(it doesn't matter if not sound good like anthem------MAY BE)
I tell you why support service is excelence help me setup 990, technician answer all my question.
I would give 5 star Costomer service to outlaw better than some company that they think they got the best product.

P.S. I will get 7125 tomorow and ship next day I CAN'T WAIT ANY MORE.
990 Pre/pro
(Anthem PVA 5)going to be 7125
B&W 602 S3 and LCR 60
Velodyne DLS4000R
Samsung DVD-HD931 (marantz DV 7600 future)
Louiceman :rolleyes:

#58410 - 03/08/06 07:19 AM Re: New for 990 and bad experience
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Welcome to the forum, Louiceman. That's quite an adventure. I'm glad to hear that Outlaw's getting you taken care of.

#58411 - 03/08/06 08:03 AM Re: New for 990 and bad experience
PapaBear Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas
Hi Folks,
Just received my Outlaw 990/7700 yesterday.
Sure it took several hours removing my Harman Kardon Avr65 and rewiring the system. I had the opportunity to demo Rotel rsp-1068 pre and rmb-1075 amp last week. To be honest I really tried to like the rotel sound, but after some 4+ hours of beer sipping and detailed listening to that Rotel setup, I prefered the warmer sound of my old Harman Kardon purchased in 1999. "Go figure"

I am not trying to say Rotel isn't a fine setup, but the pre amp is not user friendly from my listening chair and remote controller, and I already have to many cheat sheets. The sound just seemed very detailed in the upper frequencies but lacked the midrange punch that my full range B&W 703's are made for.

So got the Outlaw running and put on Manyord Ferguson (Jazz), Al Di Meola (Kiss My Axe) and Philip Bailey (Soul on Jazz) multi ch along with experienceing the 2 ch upscaling and 5 ch stereo and the Big Grin hit my face in a big way. My B&W dealer who Is just wonderfull kept telling me that the B&W 703's like lots of Current to drive the speakers, and this Outlaw had the raw current to do just that.

I have B&W 703's with a HTM7 ctr channel. Well the speakers came alive smile I am really happy with the sound and the ease of controll from my listening chair once I got the pre/amp settings up and running. The remote works fine for my setup. I have a sharp Projector with dvi and a no name dvd with multi channel & dvi output, everything switched just great from my easy chair. Wee Hoo:)

Looking forward to more detailed listening and plan on sharing my journey with others here in the Outlaw Saloon. Beer's and cheers to all. Yes I like IPA's and ESB's.
cya, PapaBear

#58412 - 03/08/06 09:06 AM Re: New for 990 and bad experience
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Maynard Ferguson...

If you like Maynard, try this link:

www.jamesmorrison.com

It's not the Doors and it just might "lite your fire" for some screaming trumpet playing!

#58413 - 03/08/06 10:31 AM Re: New for 990 and bad experience
Ed Zeppelin Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: USA
Everyone's got their own opinions,I think the 1068 is easier and more flexable to set up.I had the 990 combo and wanted to like it more,I kept the 1068.To my ears the Rotel is warmer than the 990 by small margin but the 990 is a great unit,the 7125 really shines.

#58414 - 03/08/06 11:40 AM Re: New for 990 and bad experience
Kahuna Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
Louiceman-
This isn't the first time that I have heard about less than stellar customer service from Upscale Audio. It's a shame, because they do have some gear that no one else does. They have a nice little tube amp that I'm considering for my office, but stories like this give me pause.

The great thing about Outlaw is that the service is so impressive, it takes the risk out of buying over the net. They really get that service is integral to the success of their business.

#58415 - 03/08/06 11:52 AM Re: New for 990 and bad experience
Kahuna Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Rhode Island
Papabear-

I like that new FST midrange driver in the 703.

I've had similar experiences auditioning Rotel gear with B&W speakers over the years. Rotel pairs well with B&W, giving a nice tonal accuracy and good detail in the high end.

That being said, you can get better control of the low end, better defined soundstages, etc, with different amp pairings. It is all in what you are looking (listening) for.

I've got a 7500 arriving this week--can't wait to audition it.

PS- Big IPA fan here, too. "If its hoppy, I'm happy!"

#58416 - 03/08/06 02:27 PM Re: New for 990 and bad experience
PapaBear Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Kansas
Hey JasonJ, thanks much for the James Morrison link.
Great Trumpets, and was good to see Maynord Ferguson on there. Sat 12 feet from his trumpet at a small concert a few years ago. This is the sound I used to pick my B&W's 703's and the Outlaw 990/7700. You never forget that screaming Maynord Ferguson horn.

Oh and as Kahuna says, "If its hoppy, I'm happy!" also!

#58417 - 03/11/06 02:41 AM Re: New for 990 and bad experience
TheDudeAbides Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Salem, Oregon
IF YOU LIKE TRUMPET: my friend is a jazz musician/ instructor in NY/ NJ. I may be biased, but I think he is quite excellent... on the new Spiro Gyro album in fact.

www.nathaneklund.com

Cheers!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts