Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45 >
Topic Options
#6022 - 03/03/06 07:04 PM Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

Here's something that will make Home Theater and Music much more enjoyable, Two Clever Little Clocks from www.machinadynamica.com You can get these clocks cheaper over on www.audiogon.com in the Tweak site there $125.00 each. They have a thread on these clocks here http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1138572451&read&3&4&
Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Polk Audio Lsi-15 speakers, Bravo D2 DVD player, Two Clever Little Clocks!, Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers, Mi-Rollers, Oyaide SWO-DX ac outlets!, Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors!, JVC AV-32F475 TV

#6023 - 03/03/06 07:36 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
BloggingITGuy Offline
Desperado

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon
Umm say what? How can a clock that isn't hooked into the audio system do anything for the sound of the system?

This is a joke right?

Or perhaps you just like the style of the clock?

#6024 - 03/03/06 08:45 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

No, this is no Joke! I really do not know how or why it works, I just enjoy music alot better when the clocks are in the room. I know this sounds real crazy but this product really does work. Its the best tweak I have ever tried, its like getting a speaker upgrade! When I first heard about these clocks over on the audiogon forum I thought they were all nuts!! until I tried them out for myself....I'm a BELIEVER now!
Outlaw RR2150 receiver, Polk Audio Lsi-15 speakers, Bravo D2 DVD player, Two Clever Little Clocks!, Dakiom Feedback Stabilizers, Mi-Rollers, Oyaide SWO-DX ac outlets!, Sonicap Platinum bypass capacitors!, JVC AV-32F475 TV

#6025 - 03/03/06 09:44 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I try to keep an open mind when encountering new technology, but I think even if you'd lifted off the top of my skull I still would have had a hard time going along with this statement...
Quote:
For A/B comparisons, i.e., to evaluate the sound without the Clock(s), place the Clock(s) outside the house structure, for example on the front steps -- but NOT in a drawer, closet, another room, basement or garage OR, as it turns out, the family car.
I think I'll leave my credit card in my wallet for this one.

#6026 - 03/03/06 09:52 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
Is it April 1 already?

#6027 - 03/03/06 10:29 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
HiFiSoundGuy Offline
Gunslinger

You get better sound with two clocks in the room than just one, I have my two clocks on a long shelf behide my couch facing each speaker....WOW! These clocks improves Video too.

#6028 - 03/04/06 08:11 AM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
Looks like they really cleaned your clocks too. Now that's service!

Personally, I get better results with a garden gnome. I had to try 3 different varieties of gnome until I settled on the oxygen free cow dung model put out by Monster. They're not THX certified, but they'll have to pry this dung from my cold dead hands...

Film at 11.

#6029 - 03/04/06 12:22 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
BloggingITGuy Offline
Desperado

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon
LOL, you should sell those garden gnomes on eBay Ritz.

#6030 - 03/04/06 02:15 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
From www.machinadynamica.com/machina41.htm
Quote:
The Clever Little Clock does not plug into the wall and has no direct or indirect influence on the audio signal -- not on house wiring, audio components, cables, interconnects, power cords or acoustic waves. Yet the Clock has a pronounced affect on the sound we hear from all digital and analog playback systems.
OK folks, I knew you were waiting for this, so I'm going to tell you why these work.

It has to do with psycho-acoustics. Since, according to their web site, this item has no influence over the signal, components or acoustics, then, if it has any effect, it must be in the psycho realm.

So the reason this works for some people is that:

Some people will believe anything.

#6031 - 03/04/06 06:30 PM Re: Clever Little Clocks
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I used to use two of these in my theater but I felt the sound was too bright, actually a touch on the brittle side to the point where it gave me a headache. I ended up messing around with my two Clever Little Clocks and found that tilting one of them to a 37.2 degree angle hidden deep inside my guest bedroom closet and the other one smashed, burned and put on my downstairs mantle in an urn, I get the sound that is the most rewarding. Crystal clear highs, endless dynamics and slam like you wouldn't believe. Trust me, DO NOT GIVE UP ON THESE! PLACEMENT is EVERYTHING!!!
Quote:
Machina Dynamica reserves the right to use more than one brand/model to produce Clever Little Clocks, so don't be alarmed if the Clock you receive is not the exact one in the photo. All versions of the Clever Little Clock are equivalent.
I wish I knew they had different styles to choose between when I ordered mine.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts